Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Some explanation is needed...

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some explanation is needed...

Management are still noticeable only by their abscence.
    When the going gets tough etc.............

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Re: Some explanation is needed...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post
    For Pete's sake would you please read what the thread is actually about.

It is about the fact that newbie buyers are not getting emails from this site and therefore are getting a strike through when they fail to complete the registration.

They have already bought the item they came here to buy before they get the strike through their username and then they can never come back.

This should be a serious concern to all eBid users but apparently some don't care.

When a buyer purchases using buy now and pays through Paypal I can see that Paypal has already verified them. This is the verification I care about but wouldn't it be oh so nice if those sellers could actually come back again and buy from either myself or other sellers on the site.

Because of the current policies YOU are losing out as much as anyone else.
    Here we go again...heh...likes my friend ''Al'' write before...‘’Never received emails?? How did they join in the first place? No the problem was once joined then their emails went to Spam which if true is a glitch. Does this sound right to you?’’……
    ‘’If you seriously think we will lose LEGITAMATE sales because eBid wants to know who these folks are you are sadly mistaken. We will lose more good buyers by allowing them to buy then get struck through later. ‘’

And by the way Pay Pal don't OWN eBid...so for me this is not enough for verifications only from one side because if something happened in here and if big mess starts eBid will be only responsible for that because is not checks users all the way...and in eyes in the Law you can't do nothing about that...You don’t have any idea what is Internet capable to do…and people against people…If I own this place I will checks all the way everybody and anybody because I will not give chance to end up in trouble because of some: Paul…John…Mark…Simon…and so on….ahhh c’mon….this is serious business….and is not back yard or street selling and buying…AMEN……..

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK, I quit... I will not return to this thread. Who cares who owns paypal? If I get my money, I'm happy.

I've only been here since 2003.. I know nothing about this site, of course.

Note to self.. stay off forums permanently and have another look at the alternatives .. possibly give up selling online completely.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been reading this thread and cannot believe that some sellers think a buyer must complete a load of verification checks before they are allowed to make a purchase.

I also wonder why the management are ignoring this thread. Are they hoping people will get fed up and stop posting on it so that it will drop off the page.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

I have been promoting eBid and bringing buyers here for almost five years.

The fact those buyers then become barred means that I have worked for nothing. They are (were) perfectly good buyers, from all over the World, but by they time they have received their item they are barred from the site and cannot leave feedback.

But that's fine, they bought from me and I don't care about not having feedback from them, I know from our private emails that they are happy with the item they got.

What I do care about is that they are then barred from the site and cannot buy again from me or anyone else.

I would rather have the opportunity to build a long term relationship with that buyer but there is no chance of that happening at the moment and the buyers rarely know why they have been given a strike through, nor do they bother to ask, they just go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    OK, I quit... I will not return to this thread. Who cares who owns paypal? If I get my money, I'm happy.

I've only been here since 2003.. I know nothing about this site, of course.

Note to self.. stay off forums permanently and have another look at the alternatives .. possibly give up selling online completely.
    I won't give up because of a few trollish members and it isn't like this everywhere. I can't understand why some people don't 'get it' and can only think it's a language barrier thing.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Never recieved emails?? How did they join in the first place? No the problem was once joined then their emails went to Spam which if true is a glitch. Does this sound right to you?
    No you can go ahead and accept sales from any Tom, Dick and Harry out there and go ahead wait for your item back if something goes wrong. Not me, thanks I'll trust the administration to allow who is okay to be here.
    I'll try one more time and see if you get it.
    Verify all you want but once allowed on they must be allowed to remain unless they have done something wrong.
    are who they say they are

I agree with you Adrumi.
    I had a horrible mess on the other side when a person was verified and approved with PayPal with a Florida address but lived in Africa. I lost my merchandise and the shipping and the time and on top of that I got bad feedback.

Most of my buyers have been first time buyers. Get them verified, whether buyer or seller and then leave them alone until they give you a reason to take other action. I personally did not find the registration all that invasive. I have to give more information when I pay for my groceries with a check (which I still do).

Somplace along the line there is a simple answer to this. Smarter people than me can find the solution.

I agree with you. I want some assurance that people

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Have you had any response at all from HQ., Madelaine???/
    I had a request for some specific instances and nothing more.

I all but deleted all my listings last week over the lost listings... now being told I am a fool here is bringing me to the brink again. This is a hobby and the irritations are beginning to outweigh the benefits.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I agree. I would like to know what % of newbies this happens to if anyone knows ? (approx)
    Checked back as far as I could and not 1 of my first time buyers has a strike through.

Thread Information