eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What camera set are you uning now?

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What camera set are you uning now?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Just a neat little pocket digital; you can't get as sophisticated, but it's always with you. Sony Cybershot. I tend to think that composition matters more than the kit.

I couldn't agree more Kim. And I saw that backed up recently in a top photo magazine. I've tried a few over the years. Ive actually taken some amazing photos with my mobile phone cameras too, the one on my all about me page was taken with a blackberry, and the megapixels were only 2 or 3 on it.
    Because I do a lot of coastal walking and cycling too I wanted something cheaper and more compact for roughing it, as Im covering rough terrain much of the time, not the more easy pleasant paths, (got a different camera for them too, when Im doing other stuff) Ive got a fujifilm finepix Z70 with slide cover which is 12 megapixels 5x optical lens. Thats great for the purpose I bought it. I also have a pretty good camera on my mobile Xperia X10. Its a Sony Ericsson. I like their technology, like most Japanese technology. I have other Sony stuff too.
    I also have just bought the rare to find now, fujifilm f31fd digital camera that came out in 2006 and won rave reviews for its unique technology, top photographers use it as back up. Even though every one was raving about mega pixels at the time, they knew that isn't the be all and end all, and worked on other things instead. its actually only 6.3 megapixels, which is low by todays standards but still takes fantastic pictures.
    My older camera which was my old faithful for years is also a fujica, coincidentally ( I do like Nikon and Canon too as much )its an ST705w takes stunning pictures, but needs a service, good reminder.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salomina27 View Post
    I couldn't agree more Kim. And I saw that backed up recently in a top photo magazine. I've tried a few over the years. Ive actually taken some amazing photos with my mobile phone cameras too, the one on my all about me page was taken with a blackberry, and the megapixels were only 2 or 3 on it....
    And very lovely it is too.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Recently I bought a used Nikon Coolpix S3000 because it's so small. I thought it would be more convenient on travels. It uses a slender lithium-ion battery so I bought an extra one to ensure always having one charged. I think this camera is about as small as you'd want one to be and still have usable controls.

Currently I'm using a Nikon Coolpix S4 for auction listing photos. I like it because it has the swivel design allowing me to see the camera monitor even if the lens is aimed at something at an odd angle. It uses AA batteries and I have several sets with most of them charged up. These batteries are cheaper and easier to find than the ones that the other camera uses.

I think both of these Nikons are at the low end of their range but they suit me.

Here are a couple photos I took at Dealey Plaza in Dallas, where JFK was shot in 1963. Unfortunately it's Dallas's major tourist attraction. In the upper photo, the car is right where JFK's car was at the fateful moment. I hadn't noticed until now how the plain rectangular blue buildings in the distance in the lower photo look unreal. But they are there!

BAH! I have tried and TRIED to make this lower photo 600 pixels wide, the same as the upper photo and it's not cooperating.

I'm still using a Fuji FinePix 340, which is only 4 megapixels,
    In general it suits my needs, although there is a marked devaluation in picture quality if the batteries are getting low. (Usually auto levels in my photo editing software corrects this) I would love a better quality camera, maybe when I get some more buddypoints.

I took this this evening, indoors with the settings left on auto, the only editing is to reduce image size
    & edit out the green eye effect you get when photographing dogs.
    The composition may seem strange, but what I really wanted was to show the "Bumpers" I'd put in Whisper's crate, to protect his leg(s) while he's getting over his operation.
    Fudge seeing the camera had to pose on his own bed.

Name:  surrey2011_0410(004).jpg
Views: 43
Size:  162.0 KB
    I took this last Thursday morning about 7am up in the Surrey Hills, again on auto, & unedited apart from size.
    Name:  surrey2011_0407(010).jpg
Views: 42
Size:  261.7 KB
    The final one was also taken Thursday, about 11am, it was very sunny outside. The car was parked in a layby, at the time. This shows the shorcomings of the camera, even edited it's not that great a shot.
    Name:  surrey2011_0407(024).jpg
Views: 40
Size:  111.4 KB
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View tallgrass's Feedback (+181)
    All-About tallgrass
    View tallgrass's Listings
    Forum Posts

I bought a Kodak EasyShare C143 about a month ago. It is my first Digital Camera and I am mostly using it to take auction pictures of jewelry. I find it hard to take close up pictures, and mine never look as good as other listings. I am never sure if it is me, or if other sellers have better equipment. Probably it's me! I did a chat with Kodak and said that when I try to take close up shots of the jewelry they become blurry, and their advice was to back up-Brilliant! LOL. Its 12 Megapixels, shouldn't that be good enough? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tallgrass View Post
    I bought a Kodak EasyShare C143 about a month ago. It is my first Digital Camera and I am mostly using it to take auction pictures of jewelry. I find it hard to take close up pictures, and mine never look as good as other listings. I am never sure if it is me, or if other sellers have better equipment. Probably it's me! I did a chat with Kodak and said that when I try to take close up shots of the jewelry they become blurry, and their advice was to back up-Brilliant! LOL. Its 12 Megapixels, shouldn't that be good enough? Thanks!
    For closeups, you need to use the macro setting to be able to focus under 12 inches. Also the number of mp is not important. Lower it to 2 or 3 mp as this more than enough. Lighting is the key to closeups.

Here is a link to Camera Jim and how to take photos for auctions.

http://www.sigma-2.com/camerajim/index.htm

Forum Newbie
    View tallgrass's Feedback (+181)
    All-About tallgrass
    View tallgrass's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the info! I never knew about the macro setting, I'll try that!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dustr70 View Post
    Nikon D-40 Digital SLR
    Me too, I love it.

But I alos had a Canon Powershot 350 to take out on casual trips, but it stopped working. I hear there is a fix for its Sony CC thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Here is the view I have from my bedroom window at the moment

Attachment 23201
    I am so jealous. My favorite flowers.

Much to my childrens dismay I am still using a Sony MVC-FD83 that uses 4 1/4" discs. They keep trying to upgrade me but I like this one. I still take pictures of my favorite subjects. Still can't get the hang of checking the background before snapping the shot.Name:  MVC-160F.JPG
Views: 21
Size:  32.9 KB

Thread Information