Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: freecycle groups

Default Re: freecycle groups

Meebo, can I ask you what this is or says, it's on some kind of see though thread from Germany.
    "Leska exquisit
    veb chemiefaserwerk
    dederon
    germina"
    its 0.12mm 7, 8N & 100 m 2,05
    and 0.22mm 25 n & 100mm 2,50

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View Darthmatt's Feedback (+45)
    All-About Darthmatt
    View Darthmatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just been and signed up to my two closest ones. Pending activation at the moment so will have to wait and see what its like on there.
    Just realised i needed to mod my old signature. No set categories yet, but i'll work on that now i am back and update as able
    --------
    Link to my old account for reference.
    Togsforall [/center]

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've used Freecycle a lot to give stuff away and never had any problems, but haven't tried it in the last couple of years. I did always add "please don't ask me to ring you" on my notes - if somebody's getting stuff for free they can bally well pay for any calls!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've used Freecycle a lot to give stuff away and never had any problems, but haven't tried it in the last couple of years. I did always add "please don't ask me to ring you" on my notes - if somebody's getting stuff for free they can bally well pay for any calls!
    And that another one "please ring me on ********" and yes you are right Kim I think the same and will never ring them

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Meebo, can I ask you what this is or says, it's on some kind of see though thread from Germany.
    "Leska exquisit
    veb chemiefaserwerk
    dederon
    germina"
    its 0.12mm 7, 8N & 100 m 2,05
    and 0.22mm 25 n & 100mm 2,50
    I had to do a search as I had never heard of it.. It's a nylon type thread that originated in the former East Germany

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just started using our local Freegle & Freecycle groups again as OH was turning out the the 2 garden sheds that we haven't looked at since we moved in 6 months ago !

The trailer went in seconds of me posting it - and after today's "taken" notice from somebody else, our trailer person had also picked up a table and 6 chairs and a lawnmower on the way to us!

We've had some good stuff ourselves through the 2 groups and I gave loads of stuff away last summer when no. 2 son finally moved out and before we moved out to where we are now.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted on my local freecycle this weekend.....

Long shot - but does anyone have a jetski that they have gathering dust
    and no longer use.

Will collect whenever is convenient. Thank you for looking.

[While I am willing to agree that someone *might* have a Jet Ski
    gathering dust they are willing to give you, I can't see it really
    happening - can you? Please lets not start a trend of asking for Porche
    cars, gold bars, or free holidays to the Bahamas. Lynn, Moderator.

I am glad the Moderator added the bit at the end but doubt it will shame them. The thing that annoys me is that they ask for things but you never see them offer in return.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    good god shelly, what do some people think there on or should I say what are they on.
    I'm on 3 local ones, 2 freecycle one Freegle I've never seen a house or horse wanted, but have seen Plasma TV, Iphone & PS3.

If I say I'm interested in something, I always request the phone number, so I can ring them, or I'm equally happy to do everything by email.
    The first thing I ever got was a microfiche reader, to help with family history, not that I've had much time to use it, it's buried under 8 old PC's that I keep intending to sort out, clear hard drives & put on.

My sister has had lots of trouble with timewasters, she tends to take stuff to charity shops, or the tip instead now.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I've used Freecycle/Freegle for a while and haven't experienced many problems giving stuff away (only cheapo stuff destined for the skip otherwise like an old fruit juicer, tv bracket, paper shredder, baby high chair etc.). I've had a couple of 'winners' back out but they at least emailed me to apologise before the agreed collection time.

Some of the 'Wanted' ads do take the pee though ("Flat screen TV (32" or larger)", "High spec PC/Apple Mac", "The meaning of Life" etc...)

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I'm on 3 local ones, 2 freecycle one Freegle I've never seen a house or horse wanted, but have seen Plasma TV, Iphone & PS3.

If I say I'm interested in something, I always request the phone number, so I can ring them, or I'm equally happy to do everything by email.
    The first thing I ever got was a microfiche reader, to help with family history, not that I've had much time to use it, it's buried under 8 old PC's that I keep intending to sort out, clear hard drives & put on.

My sister has had lots of trouble with timewasters, she tends to take stuff to charity shops, or the tip instead now.
    Thats a shame that items go to the tip as that is what freecycle is about, keeping things out of land fill.
    I know there are freecyclers who keep note of no shows but frankly I don't have the time for that. If the recipient does not show as arranged I publicly offer it again and state "due to time wasters". Whether it does any good I don't know but it helps me lol.
    I personally have found it very helpful for both giving and receiving but I do get annoyed at the arrogance of some people.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Thread Information