Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling on here?

Default Re: Selling on here?

You might consider selling to other countries also, as in the USA I can't see your listings. Only those countries you mark will be able to purchase from you. We are a big country and have lots of buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    You might consider selling to other countries also, as in the USA I can't see your listings. Only those countries you mark will be able to purchase from you. We are a big country and have lots of buyers.
    hmmmm...i have usa ticked. I'll have to go look to see why it isn't showing. thanks for the input!

So I went and checked. Don't know why it isn't showing in the USA but I went ahead and ticked to ship EVERYWHERE so that should take care of it! thanks again.
    Last edited by thegreenroom247; 24th April 2011 at 05:31 PM.

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

hallo there!

yes, definitly plug your listings on any social networking sites that you use, and dont forget to let any regular buyers on other sites know about this one. Also it is well worth listing with both an auction price and a "buy-it-now" price - that gets your listings seen on Google. Its also the case that as you build up feedbcak (earned on the site, not imported) that you will start to get sales, I imported my then feedback from fleabay, then bought a couple of small bits on here, and since then all my feedback on here has been gained on here. (seller rep counts for a lot)

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    hallo there!

yes, definitly plug your listings on any social networking sites that you use, and dont forget to let any regular buyers on other sites know about this one. Also it is well worth listing with both an auction price and a "buy-it-now" price - that gets your listings seen on Google. Its also the case that as you build up feedbcak (earned on the site, not imported) that you will start to get sales, I imported my then feedback from fleabay, then bought a couple of small bits on here, and since then all my feedback on here has been gained on here. (seller rep counts for a lot)
    hey there, thanks for the advice. I checked Google and went through about 3 pages and didnt see any of my listings. Maybe they take a while to show up? Concerning the feedback, I just imported some today but it doesnt show the comments. I have more from another site but I'm not sure if I should import that as well or just go with what I have and do what you suggested and build it up from here. Ebid is quite an adjustment and there is a LOT to learn but I think I'll get the hang of it sooner than later and with all the kind bits of help from people on here, i've already learned a lot and I've only been here less than 24 hours. If ya'll don't mind taking some more time out to look, I could definitely use some feedback on my listings, my about me, etc. to see if I'm doing it right so far. All advice is sincerely appreciated. Thanks again to everyone and have a fabulous week. =)

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenroom247 View Post
    I checked Google and went through about 3 pages and didn't see any of my listings. Maybe they take a while to show up?
    Do you mean Google or Google Shopping ?
    Ebid feeds valid listings to Google Shopping very quickly (people say)

Your About Me page looks OK to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Do you mean Google or Google Shopping ?
    Ebid feeds valid listings to Google Shopping very quickly (people say)

Your About Me page looks OK to me.
    hiya,
    the first time I did check google instead of google shopping (doh!) so I just went and checked google shopping. After scrolling through 16 pages I saw no sign of my bracelets and after page 11, I only saw 2 listings for anything selling on eBid. bleah. Is Hello Kitty as popular every where else as it is in the US? Thanks again for the input and checking out my about me page (took your previous advice). Guess it's just a matter of playing the waiting game now.

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see you only have 4 listings running ?
    It may pay to add a lot more if you can.

I just searched for Hello Kitty on ebid USA
    It said there were 781 items for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I see you only have 4 listings running ?
    It may pay to add a lot more if you can.

I just searched for Hello Kitty on ebid USA
    It said there were 781 items for sale.
    I added a few more. I found my listings on eBid but not google shopping, its all good, i'm not gonna worry too much with it for now. I wanted to add more listings but once before when selling internationally, it did not give the option to ship first class international. On here it does, so I was hoping on a sale so that when I do go to pay the postage, I can see if it really does let me ship that way (I was given the option before but it did not allow me to ship that way when it came down to actually purchasing the postage online). I didn't want to list a lot of items that ship first class international and then find out I can't ship that way and have to change them all (and have to tell any bidders/buyers that shipping is not as stated!). Do you know anything about the international first class shipping rules?
    Last edited by thegreenroom247; 24th April 2011 at 09:04 PM.

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Your listings are in google shopping:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...7e84437242f0ed

I always have to put in a specific descriptor to find my listings in google shopping, but they are there.

As far as I know, you still can't purchase First Class International postage online. I take all of my international packages into the Post Office and send them FCI. It would be lovely to be able to purchase FCI online. Hopefully someday.
    Last edited by tonnastreasures; 24th April 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonnastreasures View Post
    Your listings are in google shopping:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...7e84437242f0ed

I always have to put in a specific descriptor to find my listings in google shopping, but they are there.

As far as I know, you still can't purchase First Class International postage online. I take all of my international packages into the Post Office and send them FCI. It would be lovely to be able to purchase FCI online. Hopefully someday.
    Yes, I finallly did find my listings after listing the specific title. I didn't realize that FCI shipping was only available at the post office, but it is good to know that I can ship FCI. Thanks for the info. =)

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Thread Information