eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling on here?

Default Re: Selling on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post

When you get time add a photo and something about you and your selling policies in your About Me page.
    (And could I suggest a photo of you, not a dog or a cat or a cartoon character)

I strongly disagree about the photo having to be of the seller.
    A picture or photo of anything that is interesting to the seller, (as long as it's legal, & doesn't break copyright rules) is all that is needed.

A little personal info is fine, plus information about the sort of items you sell, what your terms are, how you pack items, deal with returns is what the About Me page is for, it's to give those you deal with, a feeling for the sort of person (or business) you are, to help them decide whether they want to deal with you or not.

It's not a dating site, so how you look, or dress, has no bearing on that at all.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenroom247 View Post
    hmmmm...i have usa ticked. I'll have to go look to see why it isn't showing. thanks for the input!

So I went and checked. Don't know why it isn't showing in the USA but I went ahead and ticked to ship EVERYWHERE so that should take care of it! thanks again.
    I think, dardonboi, was replying to the UK seller's post, not yours.
    As you are in the USA, your items MUST be available to sell there.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

ohhh...haha! that explains it! are there any areas that I should NOT ship to?

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

That's entirely down to personal choice.
    I know that some places seem to have more problems with post arriving than others,
    you'd probably be better off asking a US seller, as our postal services are entirely different.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

I suppose it depends. I will ship to ANYwhere, but some places I will only ship to via some form of controlled/restricted delivery. Certain countries in South East Asia, The Ukraine, certain parts of south central and southeastern Europe, Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil, some African nations... it's registered mail ONLY or Global EMS if available. The problem mostly is theft of mail, in some places... if you require a signature, it controls this to some degree.

~Peter

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dont sell overseas without tracking, full stop.

I don't sell to Africa or Asia. I've been lucky so far everywhere else, though I hate not having DC on International packages, I can't justify more expensive shipping methods on my low cost items. Another thing that may be worth considering is shipping insurance. I haven't used it yet, but I understand it's pretty reasonable through places like Ship Insurance.

wowzahs, thanks ya'll. your input has helped (and left me a little dizzy , hehe jk). I guess at this point it's a matter of "trial & error", though I really don't like learning the hard way (who does, right?). I will definitely take into consideration what ya'll have said and adjust my shipping destinations. Thanks again for all the input, I appreciate the responses. Hope you all have a prosperous day/evening/week!

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Welcome to the E-bid family

thank you. good to be here =)

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Thread Information