Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immediate Payment Option

Default Re: Immediate Payment Option

boardgamerecylcer you said you contacted eBid, but they mentioned to you they wouldn't implement it in the future, did they mention why they wouldn't implement it?

Thanks in advance,

Warren
    Friendly Choice Deals: We sell everything here.
    http://friendly-choice-deals.ebid.net/

eBid said:

"We currently do not have this facility nor do we have plans for it in the immediate future.
    We have passed your comments on to our Managerial team."

They didn't say why they don't plan to implement it. I'll admit, I was pretty surprised that an ecommerce site with hopes for growth doesn't offer an immediate payment option. At that other place, I have used immediate payment required exclusively for years. It eliminates so many headaches.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

And of course, all those 'extra comfy list and forget' resources on Ebay cost more in listing, relisting, rerelisting and FVF fees plus monthly store fees, worldwide exposure fees, Buy Now fees, FVF on shipping costs and on and on and on.

eBid means low to no fees, free stores, free listings, 5 free images per listing, free worldwide exposure, various payment options, various shipping options, 2way feedback system, live (real people) support, super friendly and informative forums and on and on and on.

To make a success here, you need to shed the Ebay mentality and embrace the eBid experience.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Re: Immediate Payment Option

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    And of course, all those 'extra comfy list and forget' resources on Ebay cost more in listing, relisting, rerelisting and FVF fees plus monthly store fees, worldwide exposure fees, Buy Now fees, FVF on shipping costs and on and on and on.

eBid means low to no fees, free stores, free listings, 5 free images per listing, free worldwide exposure, various payment options, various shipping options, 2way feedback system, live (real people) support, super friendly and informative forums and on and on and on.

To make a success here, you need to shed the Ebay mentality and embrace the eBid experience.

That's right Jan.........

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

It might be only one sentance, buy you really have hit the nail on the head

Name:  sucess.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  17.6 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View Kodoku's Feedback (+25)
    All-About Kodoku
    View Kodoku's Listings
    Forum Posts

I fail to see how implementing a "pay immediately" feature constitutes an "extra comfy list and forget" resource. Or it having anything to do with having an "Ebay mentality".

Besides, wouldn't having a "pay immediately" feature add to the "various payment options" eBid has?

Seriously though, after having spent a few months browsing the forums I'm finding these patronising cookie-cutter responses are starting to irk me, and I feel people have fallen into this regular pattern of dismissing everything ebay does for no other reason than the fact ebay does it. Besides, management have already given their answer and boardgamerecycler accepted that, even if he doesn't necessarily agree. Giving him the eBid spiel was really unecessary :/

Sorry if that comes across as a bit harsh, or if it looks like I'm singling you out, but it's something that's been on my chest for a while and I felt it was time to let it go As for you boardgamerecycler, I wish you all the best here on eBid. In the few months I've spent here I've seen a slow but steady growth in my sales and while it's some way from making me rich, it has been hugely rewarding and I'm confident the eBid side of my business will continue to grow. All the best to you and your future sales here!

Kodoku: Many thanks for your supportive words. They are much appreciated! Best wishes to you and all other eBid sellers for continued growth and success on this site.

[QUOTE=jeweleffects;1329776]And of course, all those 'extra comfy list and forget' resources on Ebay cost more in listing, relisting, rerelisting and FVF fees plus monthly store fees, worldwide exposure fees, Buy Now fees, FVF on shipping costs and on and on and on.

Please remember that you left Feebay for a reason. Nothing works the same here as there. If you want all the bells and whistles you have to pay for them. If you can't work without them eBid probably won't work for you. If you are willing to grow with the site and not try to run it the first day your are here you will do well.

On the other side I used pay now on some things and others I didn't. I had the same number of no-pays with both payment options.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=dardonboi;1329983]

Please remember that you left Feebay for a reason. Nothing works the same here as there. If you want all the bells and whistles you have to pay for them. If you can't work without them eBid probably won't work for you. If you are willing to grow with the site and not try to run it the first day your are here you will do well.

On the other side I used pay now on some things and others I didn't. I had the same number of no-pays with both payment options.
    How did you manage to get a "No-pay" on a immediate payment auction.

Also why do you think everything on eBay is bad. I know some think eBid can do no wrong but both they & eBay have good and bad things
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

First ebid has been going for a long time.
    If they thought immediate payment fro Buy Now would be great then surely they would have done it by now (sorry about the pun)

I think one reason they may not have done it, is that new buyers have to register first. And this can take several days.

Unfortunately if people do not pay for an item they have "bought" it means they are a bit unethical, or were not really that keen on the sale in the first place.
    It also may mean they found a better price somewhere else. They key to it, is to have many sales on the go, then if you lose one it does not matter. Of course this is easier said than done.

Thread Information