eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seller+ Lifetime. Worth it for private sellers?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller+ Lifetime. Worth it for private sellers?

Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUnleashed View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've just noticed that the Seller+ thing's now £75, so that pretty much answers my question as that's waaaaaay too much of an intial outlay!
    I don't know if the following will bring it within your reach at just under 50.00 : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0065

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@FerrisUnleashed.
    I don't think there are that many full time business sellers here on ebid.
    But to join ebid as a Seller+ Lifetime you need to be a serious long term seller (imho)

But as mentioned above you can use gallery without joinging as a Seller+
    But if you want to let ebay keep changing their rules and increasing their fees, then you have to start supporting other sites.
    List your good stuff at fair prices and use BIN
    Ebid is in the top 2 or 3 alt sites and is growing steadily.

Forum Newbie
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View titch1313's Feedback (+673)
    All-About titch1313
    View titch1313's Listings
    Forum Posts

As title really. I've tried selling things on here before but didn't sell a thing so didn't think it was worth shelling out £50 for the Seller+ upgrade. Now eBay's seriously gone to dogs I thought I'd give eBid another go, but I fear I'll be listing stuff for naught again. Wondered if adding a gallery pic would improve sales at all? I seem to recall that you can only add a gallery pic if you've got the Seller+ account.

I'm not a business seller and I realise that all the auction sites these days only really cater for business sellers, but I just want to move on a few bits and pieces of stuff we just don't want/use anymore. I just don't know if shelling out the extra £50 will make a difference?

Anyone on here not a business seller? Do you have any luck selling off old stuff you just don't want? Or should I just endure the local chav markets... I mean car boot sales?!

Ta!

Fen.
    hi hun im not a business seller and i do ok . you have to raly sale your items when you list them the more oic the better and a good clear right up. i sale shoes book motorbike bits to handbags and cloths i have been here a few mths and it seems to be going ok, i still list things on ebay,

Forum Newbie
    Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View FenrisUnleashed's Feedback (+145)
    All-About FenrisUnleashed
    View FenrisUnleashed's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I don't know if the following will bring it within your reach at just under 50.00 : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0065
    That would work, thanks for that!

I appreciate all the responses. I do list quite often on eBay... Well, I did before they implimented this stupid 10 listings per 30 day period rubbish. I've been selling on eBay for about 11 years but have had to close a couple of accounts due to their mis-handling of said accounts (fee disputes feature a fair bit!) so I'm back to being a "new" seller. And it's not like I'm hiding my identity by having a stelth account like so many others do, just disputes with eBay causing problems. So yeah, I really really want to get away from them!

I'll give the 7 day one a go and see what happenes with that. Hopefully I'll be able to gague if it's worth plumping for the Lifetime account. I think I will go for that if I can get it for the £50 rate.

Anyway, thanks again all.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View WiccaBasketUK's Feedback (+451)
    All-About WiccaBasketUK
    View WiccaBasketUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a hobby seller and found the way to sell is to list *lots*. I have over a thousand listings and tend to sell about 2 items a week. As its not a business i am happy with this. I also imported my ebay feedback as feedback shows people you are honest. Also use the forums, plug your item, twitter, facebook and let your previous buyers know where you are now.

regards and good luck
    Penni
    Not a member yet? Sign up now for free:
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

The thing is I don't have thousands of items available. When I say private I really do mean private! I don't mean hobby seller or someone with a stock room, I really do just mean a few odd things I have no desire to keep anymore!

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems a lot of the people who've reponded to me are people with a large stock-list. I appreciate the imput, but I'm really only trying to find out if true private sellers, people who're selling off old household items, or old toys etc. are actually managing to do so. That's all.

Like I say, don't take it the wrong way, I do appreciate the imput, but you people have waaaay more stuff than I do!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

The thing is I don't have thousands of items available. When I say private I really do mean private! I don't mean hobby seller or someone with a stock room, I really do just mean a few odd things I have no desire to keep anymore!

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems a lot of the people who've reponded to me are people with a large stock-list. I appreciate the imput, but I'm really only trying to find out if true private sellers, people who're selling off old household items, or old toys etc. are actually managing to do so. That's all.

Like I say, don't take it the wrong way, I do appreciate the imput, but you people have waaaay more stuff than I do!
    Truly I can assure you I do not have thousands of items to sell. I am selling things I have accumulated/inherited over the years to raise money for Charity. Now and then someone will give me something to sell to raise funds as well but that doesn't happen often.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Fenris

I joined eBid in March and like you am mainly selling odd and sods. My listings are usually around 50 in number, you have to work at the selling more as others have pointed out, but I have been selling slow and steady.
    And I've found the site to be fair with sellers and the forums friendly and helpful.

Best wishes
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

View dave1066's Feedback (+880)
    All-About dave1066
    View dave1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you are only going to list a few things I would just stay as a Normal Seller. You can pay for listing upgrades.
    Search closed listings to get a idea of what sells

Lots of stuff for Sale

• Computer parts
    • Books
    • DVDs
    • Lots more

Please have a browse

------------------------------------------------------

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Thanks again for all the responses. I've decided to go for the £50 option as I'll be splitting it with Mumsy as I list a lot of stuff for her.

So, now I've done that and opened up a few stores the only thing I'm stuck on is how to list with Ninja Lister. I've used it before for regular 7 day auctions, but I want to list with BIN now. I find that if I change from "Standard" to "Platinum" or "Featured" the BIN box and store ID box become usable. Thing is I don't know which of these two options I should use! I'm guessing "Featured" is going to cost me, so I'd assume "Platinum" is the one to use if you have a Seller+ account. Am I right? I don't want to list 50 items and suddenly have a bill for services I thought would now be free!

I posted this here as I didn't want to start a new topic just for that one question. I can't seem to find an answer though.

Edit: Never mind, found it in the settings bit!
    Last edited by FenrisUnleashed; 30th May 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Thread Information