• For it

40 97.56%
  • Against

1 2.44%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Default Re: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I hope they are as concerned about this as they are about the "make an Offer" issue. This is hurting all of us a whole lot more than not having the make and offer.
    Hope is eternal.

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Firstly, there is so little activity on eBid for antique sellers (and most other sellers) that I tend to leave it a few weeks at a time before I remember eBid is here. I have left items on my own shops for years and finally they have sold, so I don't see the concern. Once they sort out 'Best Offer' things will be different.

Secondly, I purchased my membership on the understanding that I could relist automatically and there would be no time limit for me or my items. Surely, any change in these terms would be a breach of contract.

Some say this, and some say best-offer. I think they would be improve eBid just in different ways.

I understand your concerns, but to login once in awhile isn't the 12 Labours of Hercules. And relisting isn't that hard either. I said close and not delete. People come into this world and leave it everyday. Not having to pay relisting fee is grrrrrrrrrreat, but that would take someone to be current unless they set up an automatic payment of some sort. Unless eBid wants to tell all the membership to message the seller prior to buying so they know if they are still with us.

It could be a great marketing tool to attract buyers to the site as well. They know if they are dealing with an active seller or someone who has been around for months.

Some many say breach of contract as you did, but others may say improving standards.

Now that I think about it I really don't think they'll close listings. Not for it being a breach in contract, but they don't want to lose a bunch of listing that "beef up" there listing counts.

But of course putting there last login date would not be a breach of any contract. And it would let the buyers know if the seller is around.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    but that would take someone to be current unless they set up an automatic payment of some sort. Unless eBid wants to tell all the membership to message the seller prior to buying so they know if they are still with us.
    Surely most people have an 'automatic payment' system, Paypal, NoChex, Google Checkout etc..... Online shops (which is what eBid is at the moment) may not be logged in at the admin end for months, that doesn't put anyone off buying items. There is no 'seller last logged on' info on any of the online shops I have purchased from, why should it be different here.

This sounds like one of those daft, useless ideas that eBay would bring in to punish sellers (again).

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    I purchased my membership on the understanding that I could relist automatically and there would be no time limit for me or my items. Surely, any change in these terms would be a breach of contract.
    The last login date has always been shown for members who have shops so there would be no change for you. This thread is asking for it also to be shown for sellers who do not have any shops.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    The last login date has always been shown for members who have shops so there would be no change for you. This thread is asking for it also to be shown for sellers who do not have any shops.
    Ok - I have never noticed the last login time on eBid - I have just been to http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...ginnys-jewelry and then to an item http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/dodds-ca...y-41872032.htm and I still can't see when the seller last logged in.

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bottom left of store banner is a tab "About this store". Click on it and a drop down will give the info.

Quote Originally Posted by poppa501 View Post
    Bottom left of store banner is a tab "About this store". Click on it and a drop down will give the info.
    I doubt that a newcomer to eBid would find the notification very easily. It's good that the information is somewhere, but it might improve things if it were more visible.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppa501 View Post
    Jeez - that's obscure - I have been on here for a couple of years and never noticed it. In fact, most people will come here from a Google product search and go straight to the item, where there is no such tab.

Get the eBid team on something useful like Best Offer rather than this complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    Firstly, there is so little activity on eBid for antique sellers (and most other sellers) that I tend to leave it a few weeks at a time before I remember eBid is here. I have left items on my own shops for years and finally they have sold, so I don't see the concern. Once they sort out 'Best Offer' things will be different.

Secondly, I purchased my membership on the understanding that I could relist automatically and there would be no time limit for me or my items. Surely, any change in these terms would be a breach of contract.
    This a problem because sometimes sellers...as you say later...have problems and perhaps can not come back to close their shops. Then a buyer comes along, bids, wins, pays, and never hears from seller. That is not good for the site. Having sellers log in once a month or once every 2 months is not asking much. My UPS account sends me an automatic email if I have not logged in for a while and asks that I log in or my account will be deleted. It takes me all of 5-10 seconds to log in and I don't feel it is an inconvenience to me to keep my account active with them.

I had a seller on ebid when I first joined that I bought a few items from. Received items immediately and was pleased with seller. Then a few months later I went back to the seller's shop and noticed they had 3 negatives for not sending item. Seller's other listings were still running so I tried contacting seller directly. No response. I then contacted ebid admin and had them look at seller's listings and suggested they try contacting seller since something was obviously wrong. Within a few days all the seller's listings were gone and seller has never been active on ebid again. What happened to seller....I don't know. If ebid had a requirement that sellers must log in within a reasonable time this would not have happened. Hopefully the buyers who got 'stung' will come back to ebid but one never knows. This is why I feel a log-in requirement by sellers is necessary.

Thread Information