My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Thinking aloud your views

Default Thinking aloud your views

Today I had a buyer buy 80 items but took 28 minutes to do so (1 at a time)

All items were in the same section, in fact they were all of the same title with just the number changing in each one.

Great, yes, time consuming for the buyer, yes as well

Suggestion
    Could something be enabled in which a buyer can choose to buy "all of title ABC" or "all of section YZW" of a shop

Just thinking aloud as this is not the first time this has happened, and also I have had to spend over 30 minutes buying similar items from sellers here too

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Thinking aloud your views

Wow, 80 sales, congrats!!!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Downside to that is that someone could wreck all of your listings in one go.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Downside to that is that someone could wreck all of your listings in one go.
    As happened to me, when some newbie bought all of my listings and a few other peoples as well, and did not pay.

Congrats on the sales Raindropsies!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't quite see how this would work. I think we'd get even more "buyer bought extra by mistake" than we do now, and the problems caused would be more widespread than those solved. I think if you choose to list tiny little items one at a time you might just have to accept the downside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I can't quite see how this would work. I think we'd get even more "buyer bought extra by mistake" than we do now, and the problems caused would be more widespread than those solved. I think if you choose to list tiny little items one at a time you might just have to accept the downside of that.
    I'm not bothered one way or the other if I sell a set or not, just thinking aloud with buyer and seller hat on, I have purchased in the dozens and hundreds from at least 2 sellers on here (Maplegin and Huddylion) and it would have been easier for me to click or tick a button that says "buy all auctions from this seller with XYZ in title" or buy all sellers auctions from section Z of shop

From a seller view it don't bother me adding loads of items on 1 invoice (which I think is still limited to 99 auctions per invoice) and then applying P&P discount.

Think that's a non starter sarah
    A) hard to implement
    B) how often would it be used (maybe if it's ciggy/trade cards or such like)
    C) what if (in the case of ciggy cards etc) the buyer only wanted 45 of 50 ect

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I'm not bothered one way or the other if I sell a set or not, just thinking aloud with buyer and seller hat on, I have purchased in the dozens and hundreds from at least 2 sellers on here (Maplegin and Huddylion) and it would have been easier for me to click or tick a button that says "buy all auctions from this seller with XYZ in title" or buy all sellers auctions from section Z of shop

From a seller view it don't bother me adding loads of items on 1 invoice (which I think is still limited to 99 auctions per invoice) and then applying P&P discount.
    You said you wanted views, that's all you got. I just think the change you suggest would be rife with difficulties, and of limited use to most eBidders. Like I say, just my view, as requested.

The only possible way I can see of implement it would be to have a box next to the listing that you could tick saying something along the lines of "buy all"..... but what happens if you have more than 1 of each listed....

Note to self... read sarah's post before replying :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You said you wanted views, that's all you got. I just think the change you suggest would be rife with difficulties, and of limited use to most eBidders. Like I say, just my view, as requested.
    Just read my quoted reply to you back and see the ways in which it could be read (good and bad), was meant in a good way

I like somers idea in post 9

Reason I ask for opinions is simply some ideas I have are not on planet earth, and not implementable (gosh implementable is a real word)

Thread Information