Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Features for consideration

Default Re: Features for consideration

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Hi and welcome to eBid.

Having had an issue in the past with a scam buyer, (the only one I've encountered on this site to date), I can assure you that Paypal supported me in the matter. Not sure if this is true for every seller, but it was true for me.

Also, IMHO eBid support is 110% what eBay's seller support is, as you deal with real people who answer your questions in a prompt and courteous fashion. eBid took care of my abovementioned issue quickly and fairly. eBid supports its sellers 110%.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    THe part in red is correct - but they should be supporting buyers by 150%.

There is still no real incentive for buyers to use the site instead of their regular favourites.,

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    THe part in red is correct - but they should be supporting buyers by 150%.

There is still no real incentive for buyers to use the site instead of their regular favourites.,
    Very true but thinking about it, if buyers are supported 150% and sellers 110% won't sellers be in the same prediciment they are in on ebay? Where buyers can just walk all over sellers no matter what?

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Very true but thinking about it, if buyers are supported 150% and sellers 110% won't sellers be in the same prediciment they are in on ebay? Where buyers can just walk all over sellers no matter what?
    At the moment, I believe most buyers have no idea of any problems on the bay.
    They get protected, they cant have negs against them (although on some occasions they deserve it), and many have shopped there for years.

Buyers are habitual folks, and habits are very hard to break. They need some reason for change.

Example.......I have done our grocery shopping at Tesco for years now.
    For me to change that I would need some incentive, and I dont just mean a one-off incentive.
    I might nip into Sainsbury for a ''one-off'' special offer, but the following week I would be back at Tesco.
    That is how I see Ebid at the moment - some buyers see an item on google, and may pop-in and buy it, but then they go back to their favourite store - wherever that may be.
    They need incentive to keep them returning here.

Whenever I am looking for certain items online line, I go to topcashback, or quidco - and find if the sites I want are in there. Hundreds of the top sites are there - but ebid isnt. I get myself around £20.00 a month back at the moment - not a lot, but it all adds up.

That is the sort of incentive ebid need - give the buyers back something on a long term basis - not just on a one-off.

I dont for one minute believe it is simply the lack of choice, or the lack of sellers on ebid.
    I know many sellers that have their own websites with just a few hundred items on them.
    Obviously they are also the only seller there.
    No feedback either way. No nasty comments from either party.
    Yet they do very very well.

I see folks recommend that some sellers change the wording on their descriptions.
    I dont see that as a real priority either at the moment.
    No point in putting an item in the middle of a High Street store, if no-one going to go in and see it - regardless how well it is dressed up or described.

I dont know what the answer is - but there is one out there somewhere.

Btw.....the above was stated with my buyers hat on - nothing to do with selling.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 20th July 2011 at 04:53 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

At the moment, I believe most buyers have no idea of any problems on the bay.
    They get protected, they cant have negs against them (although on some occasions they deserve it), and many have shopped there for years.

Buyers are habitual folks, and habits are very hard to break. They need some reason for change.

Example.......I have done our grocery shopping at Tesco for years now.
    For me to change that I would need some incentive, and I dont just mean a one-off incentive.
    I might nip into Sainsbury for a ''one-off'' special offer, but the following week I would be back at Tesco.
    That is how I see Ebid at the moment - some buyers see an item on google, and may pop-in and buy it, but then they go back to their favourite store - wherever that may be.
    They need incentive to keep them returning here.

Whenever I am looking for certain items online line, I go to topcashback, or quidco - and find if the sites I want are in there. Hundreds of the top sites are there - but ebid isnt. I get myself around £20.00 a month back at the moment - not a lot, but it all adds up.

That is the sort of incentive ebid need - give the buyers back something on a long term basis - not just on a one-off.

I dont for one minute believe it is simply the lack of choice, or the lack of sellers on ebid.
    I know many sellers that have their own websites with just a few hundred items on them.
    Obviously they are also the only seller there.
    No feedback either way. No nasty comments from either party.
    Yet they do very very well.

I see folks recommend that some sellers change the wording on their descriptions.
    I dont see that as a real priority either at the moment.
    No point in putting an item in the middle of a High Street store, if no-one going to go in and see it - regardless how well it is dressed up or described.

Btw.....the above was stated with my buyers hat on - nothing to do with selling.
    That is an excellent explanation, very well put and I totally agree.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    That is an excellent explanation, very well put and I totally agree.
    Count me in on 100% agreement!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great post. I don't know the answer either, but accepting there is a question is the first part of solving the problem. I think eBid are likely to be in total agreement, and perfectly well aware, but equally are not likely to have an answer in their pocket.

Ditto. That is an excellent post Magz very well put.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes a good post Magnets.

But another question is "What do people want to buy online ?

And what type of items should be on ebid.

I think ebid has a good range of low cost collectibles and books on it.

But I don't think all of those people going to cashback sites are looking for low cost collectibles and books. They are looking for technology, new books, day to day items.

So we need more sellers, selling more variety.

Agree with everyone else Magnets a great post

Thread Information