Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Buyer left 37 x neutral FB, all 'No Comment'

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyer left 37 x neutral FB, all 'No Comment'

I don't think it is right for anyone to be hung, drawn and quartered for a crime they don't even know they are supposed to have committed. (Let alone if they actually even did). I think the test of reasonableness should be applied on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    No, they never said that.
    Ok - but they said they received items which were different to the descriptions.

I have no reason to doubt your honesty, but now that they have contacted you and told you the reason, and their feedback has been removed, can we assume you have rectified the situation?

It is a buyers perogative to contact a seller if problems arise, and yes, it is annoying when they do not do it.

Personally I would have replied to their feedback along the lines of ''a quick email explaining the problem could have recitified any problems'', but I certainly wouldnt have asked, nor expected, their feedback to be removed.
    Am not saying that is the correct way to handle it - maybe that is just me.

Wouldnt surprise me now if a thread appears by the buyer in the PSU or somewhere stating that they werent allowed to leave neutral feedbacks.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 27th July 2011 at 01:38 PM.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

My bbl remains unchanged. The duty of mitigation of loss was not fulfilled. Had it been, then those neutrals could equally have been converted to positives.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

My bbl remains unchanged. The duty of mitigation of loss was not fulfilled. Had it been, then those neutrals could equally have been converted to positives.
    And the fb for the wrongly sent items could also be converted to negatives.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

innocent until proven guilty.
    Hence the neutral feedback!!!

The buyer gave reasons now, and you are bringing the buyers honesty into doubt?

Dear oh dear!

Tell you what - this is not going to get anyone anywhere - you do things your way, I will do them my way.
    How's that?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

A poor decision by admin regarding the feedback (and not for the first time). The solution to this issue was not the removal of the buyer's feedback.

And I still think the reaction by the OP (and some respondents) to the neutral feedback was excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    can we assume you have rectified the situation?
    Again, I have no idea how I would do that at this stage, that's what i said before. When I saw the feedback, I contacted the buyer to ask what the problem had been, they responded that some wrong items were sent but the value was so little they did not consider it was worth doing anything about it. The possibility of refund is still entirely there, all they need to do is give me the details of the items that were incorrect.

I can take criticism from buyers on the chin, what I don't really apreciate is the idea of leaving 37 x neutral feedbacks with absolutely no reason or detail given. Look at this way: imagine if you went to a restaurant and the waiter asked, 'how was your meal?' Would you really turn round and say 'no comment'? I mean, isn't that kind of the worst thing to say because you are implying that you weren't satisfied but not giving any clue how things can be improved? I suspect that is why support removed the 'feedback' because it is wasn't helping me to improve my service, and gave buyers no clue what to expect.

The other thing that got me was, out of 37 stamps, was there not a single one they were satisfied with? Really? Not a single one? IMHO, feedback for a bulk order should reflect each item individually, unless there was a general problem with shipping, packing, customer service etc.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    A poor decision by admin regarding the feedback (and not for the first time). The solution to this issue was not the removal of the buyer's feedback.

And I still think the reaction by the OP (and some respondents) to the neutral feedback was excessive.
    Can you suggest a solution?

As regards the reaction, yeah, I kind of agree, bit of a storm in a teacup really. At the risk of repeating myself, if the feedback itself had been more descriptive I would certainly never have started this thread or contacted support, I would just have moved on.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Yes I totally agree with both statements.

The buyer was not totally happy with the inital postage costs, and the identification of some of the stamps.

He rated the experience as neutral..

I just dont see why his honest opinion should be discounted, by its removal.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information