Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrrrrrrgh - annoyed

Default Arrrrrrrgh - annoyed

Item sold, buyer informs me that they want it sent to a different address in UK as it's a present for someone, so I acknowledge and get it packaged and posted off, now it seems to have been delayed somewhere during transit, not my fault. receipt and tracking provided, then I get an email from paypal stating that the buyer has opened up an INR, so I checked online and found it had infact been delivered. Buyer wants item and their money back.

I have provided RM with the tracking and emails from the buyer to help my case. Buyer even stated to PP that the item was delivered. There is also a signature on their website to prove it was delivered.

Will PP refund buyer so the buyer has the item and the money back or will PP release the funds to me?
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Arrrrrrrgh - annoyed

This has happened to me a couple of time and PayPal has given my money back.

Forum Lurker
    Salford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View spawnjohnuk's Feedback (+8)
    All-About spawnjohnuk
    View spawnjohnuk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Reading your evidence and from what I know,I am pretty sure pp will favour you and return your funds. You have done everything you needed to,for seller protection.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Item sold, buyer informs me that they want it sent to a different address in UK as it's a present for someone, so I acknowledge and get it packaged and posted off, now it seems to have been delayed somewhere during transit, not my fault. receipt and tracking provided, then I get an email from paypal stating that the buyer has opened up an INR, so I checked online and found it had infact been delivered. Buyer wants item and their money back.

I have provided RM with the tracking and emails from the buyer to help my case. Buyer even stated to PP that the item was delivered. There is also a signature on their website to prove it was delivered.

Will PP refund buyer so the buyer has the item and the money back or will PP release the funds to me?

If buyer closes the case that is the end of it and Paypal will not refund the buyer

If on the other hand the buyer does not close the case then I expect PayPal will refund the buyer, as you did not send it to the correct PayPal registered address.
    Last edited by TonyBridger; 6th August 2011 at 09:58 AM.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    If buyer closes the case that is the end of it and Paypal will not refund

If on the other hand the buyer does not close the case then I expect PayPal will refund, as you did not send it to the correct PayPal registered address.
    as tony says you did not send it to the paypal registered address therefore you did not comply to their T&C's.... wave good bye to your money and item

As somer said you will have to have sent it to the address paypal told you to send it too and no other for you to be covered, or at least that is what they say on their site.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have done this in the past , when asked...but like others , I am sure that to be safe you really need to send to the registered address...but I hope it works out for you Craig.............papa.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

No; I think the Paypal "only send to the registered address" requirement was removed some time ago, providing you can prove to paypal that the buyer requested you to ship to the address, you are still covered by the seller protection policy. There is one way to find out for sure, give the CS a call and ask.

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View ukcoins's Feedback (+6)
    All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all you have to do is email paypal a copy of his email asking it to be sent to a different address and supply the tracking info proving its been delivered, once you have done this paypal will close the case and release the funds,

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Something similar happened to me on the other side, I sold a brand new playstation carry bag, item received, buyer contacts me and claims its imperfect, (its the silky kind of material that shines when theres a tiny mark) other than that to which id inspected prior to listing no damage. The buyer demanded the money back & refused to return the item which was also in the dispute console, next I know she gets full refund out of my money and keeps the item and leaves me negative feedback.. So I assume its pot luck.

At the end of the day I was the one who lost !!!!

Thread Information