Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payment reminders need to be via Invoice, not just individual items

Forum Newbie
    View RJMCoins's Feedback (+1196)
    All-About RJMCoins
    View RJMCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Payment reminders need to be via Invoice, not just individual items

I recently had a customer purchase six items. I sent the invoice, after five days no word, no payment. Resent the invoice thinking this was the first of the two obligatory reminders, no response after three more days. Resent the invoice again thinking I had met the requirements of send two reminders. After another three days of nothing from this customer I proceeded to mark as a non-paying bidder only to find I had apparently not sent the second reminder for any but the first item on the invoice. It seems to me that if sending an invoice counts as notification of payment due for all the items on the invoice and resending it serves as the first notice, then resending it a second times should count as the second notice, but apparently it doesn't. Maybe I did something wrong, if I did then I could use some assistance here. Thanks, Ron.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Payment reminders need to be via Invoice, not just individual items

Quote Originally Posted by RJMCoins View Post
    I recently had a customer purchase six items. I sent the invoice, after five days no word, no payment. Resent the invoice thinking this was the first of the two obligatory reminders, no response after three more days. Resent the invoice again thinking I had met the requirements of send two reminders. After another three days of nothing from this customer I proceeded to mark as a non-paying bidder only to find I had apparently not sent the second reminder for any but the first item on the invoice. It seems to me that if sending an invoice counts as notification of payment due for all the items on the invoice and resending it serves as the first notice, then resending it a second times should count as the second notice, but apparently it doesn't. Maybe I did something wrong, if I did then I could use some assistance here. Thanks, Ron.
    There is a difference between an invoice and a payment reminder, though IMHO your resending of the invoice was a reminder in itself and ought to have been acknowledged (and paid) by the buyer. You can contact support: support@ebid.net for a refund of your FVF.

Sorry this happened.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, it would be nice if a resend of the invoice was automatically counted as a payment reminder

Having to do individual payment reminders is tedious and silly

Hopefully the Boys are working on a fix
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Forum Newbie
    All-About RJMCoins
    View RJMCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps the reminders could be set up in a manner similar to invoices. When a customer has purchased several items the seller has the option of adding whichever ones they choose.

Just a thought...

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Resending the invoice twice has always counted as "two reminders" for me. Why its not working for you ..I have no idea.

When you 'resend an invoice' it shows on the aal as payment reminder

Forum Newbie
    All-About RJMCoins
    View RJMCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think I may have just encountered a one-time glitch. Over the last year or so I've had three NPB's, two have been multi-item purchases. I believe I followed the same procedure for all three. The first two proceeded flawlessly, the last, not so flawless. I tossed it out here in the forums to see if anyone else had a similar experience. I now suspect that I screwed up somewhere or it was an isolated occurrence. In any case, thanks to all those who have responded.

It sounds like a glitch, user-error, or something. I think the invoice system could be made better. Maybe just for starters make the discounts easy to see. Example RJMCoins. I’m guessing that the individual the purchased 6 different listings because you sell coins. Looking at his listings $1.95 for shipping each item. That would have made the shipping probably like $11.70. Request a total, or send the invoice discounting shipping.

Just an idea, but maybe make the DISCOUNT and the INVOICE TOTAL stand out different colors and bigger Fonts.

DISCOUNT: -$

INVOICE TOTAL: $pay-this$

I suggest this simple because new people are not used to the system, and it isn’t as easy to follow as others that they are used to.

Forum Newbie
    All-About RJMCoins
    View RJMCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's not a bad idea. I'm looking at the original invoice now and the $9.75 shipping discount I gave him is in small print. The auction total, original shipping total, sales tax, and Invoice total are slightly large and bold. Personally I'd rather see the discount highlighted and the Sales Tax made small

Who wouldn't like small Sales Tax.

My Grandpa lives just above you in Oregon and they have 0% and want to keep it that way.

Thread Information