Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebid sales opp or not????

Default ebid sales opp or not????

Hi guys, im pretty new on here and have come over from the darkside! (well at least im in the process of coming over any way!) I would like to know from some of the more experienced ebid members, can you make a living through the sales from ebid?
    Sales through greedbay are good but the fees are killing!

What Im basically asking is there enough through traffic on here to generate decent sales?

Easycosmetics, making beauty easy!

http://easycosmetics.ebid.net/

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebid sales opp or not????

My advice?
    If you sold loads over there and had a monthly fee bill over over £50 is to go for a seller plus account (sign up a a seller for 7 days 1st of all and wait for the half price offer)

Continue to sell over there on freelist days but also build up your store/s over here. embedded links (see my stores) can make it a virtual website with every listing interlinked.

Send flyers to all your customers, tweet, twitter & witter as much as you can (I don't) use facebook etc etc.

You may not make a living over here but sooner (probably) than later you will make a decent profit!

Fees are more than fair ie None at all or 2% if you use a gallery pic (most of us do).

Welcome to ebid!

Hi, welcome to ebid. i think your main question "can i make a living on ebid" is one asked time and again. i,m sure some do. if you are here for the long haul and take the well meant advice given on these forums, then possibly yes. a lot of sellers use both sites, especially when new here. we sell on both sites, we sell on average the same amount on both sides, HOWEVER, the difference in monthly fees percentagewise is big. ebid wins hands down. it may take a while to get established here, but please please look round the forums for all the good advice , it was a big help when we first came here. we dont regret coming here one little bit. good luck

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Welcome to eBid

Not as many sales here yet, but it is picking up. I sell on several sites including feebay. You need to spread your stock over many sites too, they all add up.

Here you have to promote your own listings, like you would on your own website, but with the added advantage that your items are automatically promoted on google shopping.

5 free shops here, with Seller +. Definitely worth the fee.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Easycosmetics
    If you are selling cosmetics, then you may do well as I don't think there are many cosmetics sellers on ebid.

As others have said, it will take a while to build up sales on ebid.
    List your items with a Buy Now and for 10 auto relists and they wlll look after themselves.
    And make sure you price them a little lower than your ebay listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Easycosmetics View Post
    Hi guys, im pretty new on here and have come over from the darkside! (well at least im in the process of coming over any way!) I would like to know from some of the more experienced ebid members, can you make a living through the sales from ebid?
    Sales through greedbay are good but the fees are killing!

What Im basically asking is there enough through traffic on here to generate decent sales?
    I'm a business seller, and although i make quite a lot of sales on here, i don't make a living. So i have to still list on ebay, where i make the majority of my sales.

Good luck
    Jane

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Easy - your original post is a bit vague.........what amount of profit on what amount of sales consititutes 'decent sales' and how much money is enough for 'a living' to you? I suspect for each person the number would be different. I think the percentage of people who have no other outside sources of income other than online sales is not big. My hunch is that a lot of people on most sites are suppementing their income. It has slowed here in the last 6 months, but the economy will no doubt pick up again. EBid is a Great place to be, and it can't hurt, even if sales are slower all over than we'd wish!!! Good luck!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with the above, sales may be a bit slower here, but the price is right (as Bob Barker used to say) and you'll see profits from sales add up faster than on the other site.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

wow! thanks for the great advice!
    I do plan on being here for the long run now and to start building up my shop on here.

To those advising for me to sign up as a lifetime + i already have! that sort of opp was too good to pass! even if sales dont come through ebid then im sure i can make enough from the sales around!

I have not sorted out my google check out really yet as I have always been a paypal victim!

Easycosmetics, making beauty easy!

http://easycosmetics.ebid.net/

Hi
    I had a look at your listings, and you have no gallery pic, and most are on run til sold.
    I hope you don't mind me saying, that your listings will never rise to the top on 'Run til sold, so won't get as many views. i personally would do 7 day listings, with 10 re-lists.
    Plus a lot of people don't look at listings with no gallery pic, and it costs nothing to have that photo, and only a small amount if the item sells.

Jane

Thread Information