eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any answers

Forum Newbie
    All-About roseh62
    View roseh62's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Any answers

I am new to eBid and wanted to start off with a few auctions to get aquainted with buyers and had some things I had up for bids starting at $1 and they were not cheap items. I upgraded to seller+ and not a single bid. It was like they were invisible. What is up with that? Is there any way to contact customer service through e-mail? thank you

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Any answers

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Things are growing here, but as the site is smaller than eBay at present, sometimes it takes a while to make a sale. Adding a signature link to your posts is helpful, as members can then click on the link to see your items for sale, also you can use Plug Your Auctions section of the forum (1x per 24 hours) for more visibility.

You can contact support at: support@ebid.net

Best wishes for many sales to all,

The problem is theres no traffic here on ebid, most people on here are from uk it seems. I dont understand why people are so afraid to leave the evil empire ebay. I left them and i am going through the same thing as you with no bids or sales in 3 months. But I refuse to give up and I will do everything I possibly can to make ebid work. Good luck!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roseh62 View Post
    I am new to eBid and wanted to start off with a few auctions to get aquainted with buyers and had some things I had up for bids starting at $1 and they were not cheap items. I upgraded to seller+ and not a single bid. It was like they were invisible. What is up with that? Is there any way to contact customer service through e-mail? thank you
    All your listings are RUS (Run Until Sold) - These type of listings stay stuck at the bottom of the eBid search list - You will need to change your listings and make them 'live' ie 7 or 10 days with up to 10 auto relists - This way, your listings will gradually rise to the top of eBid's search list for all to see.

Also, you are limiting your selling area to the USA only. Consider selling international for extra exposure.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    All your listings are RUS (Run Until Sold) - These type of listings stay stuck at the bottom of the eBid search list - You will need to change your listings and make them 'live' ie 7 or 10 days with up to 10 auto relists - This way, your listings will gradually rise to the top of eBid's search list for all to see.

Also, you are limiting your selling area to the USA only. Consider selling international for extra exposure.
    Jan is right, offering international shipping is definitely a good idea, if the cost is feasible, as it expands your potential market considerably.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31695)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

My sales started to pick up when I realised that I needed to list in volume on Ebid. The more you list the more you sell.
    You are likely to be disappointed if you list a few items as a trial, it take a while for them to sell.
    I agee with others who said post international, a good proportion of my sales are Europe and all over the world.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

All good advice, I'd also recommend buying a few small value items to get yourself some feedback
    Last edited by sucadot; 13th September 2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typo
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Forum Newbie
    View steve2211's Feedback (+2)
    All-About steve2211
    View steve2211's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjshobbyshack View Post
    The problem is theres no traffic here on ebid, most people on here are from uk it seems. I dont understand why people are so afraid to leave the evil empire ebay. I left them and i am going through the same thing as you with no bids or sales in 3 months. But I refuse to give up and I will do everything I possibly can to make ebid work. Good luck!
    yes i totally agree with that, same for me. if people dont go through the young and hard days, and just leave ebid because they they dont sell as often as feebay, ebid will never ever build up

steve
    http://de-parys-shop.ebid.net/

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Welcome to ebid, a lot friendlier over here.
    There seem to be very few "bids" on ebid, most seem to buy via buy it now, which is quicker and most buy it now prices are not too far away from the initial bid price, from what I have seen anyhow. But use both an auction price and a buy it now price.
    I agree the amount you list seems to be proportional to the amount you sell. use the forums to advertise your auctions and open some shops. Don't use run till sold, they won't appear in google searches

Plenty of help over here. Most seem happy to help!

Cheers, Alan
    Please have a look at my shops, you may find something you like!!
    http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://abyorkies-stamps-cigarette-cards.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep…’’Bill’’ you are right…volume and promote yours item in any way you can…I am OK with my sales I slowly but securely finding buyers and many find me too because I list a lot every day…this month like last month sales is OK for me…right now in last 12 days sold 61 item and maybe I make it before end of this month to sold more but I will keep listing 20-30 items every day without stopping…and by the way in my personal opinion ''normal'' items is ‘’cheap’’ for me if is price below $10.00 not included shipping…In the end offer your items for International buyers and offer good shipping price…...

Thread Information