eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do my views totals keep going back to Zero

Smile Why do my views totals keep going back to Zero

Hi there
    I am relativley new to Ebid Uk , but something strange seems to be happening to my Views count. How can they register and then go back to 0. Can anyone out there help. Also ,are there any buyers out there it seems strange that dozens of people have viewed, but as yet I have only sold one item and they didn`t even bother to leave feedback.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why do my views totals keep going back to Zero

Check the setting in you My Defaults ( http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...-user-defaults ) you may have it selected to reset the view count.

Feedback can be an bit hard to get, particularly if the buyer comes via a Google link. Such buyers tend not to have the auction site mindset, and coming back to leave feedback after a purchase is not a part of their normal online transaction experience. I find it best not to obsess about feedback. If they leave it 'Great', if they don't 'No worries'.

Thanks for the info Mel.I have just checked it out and the box is ticked No ,so they shouldn`t keep dissapearing should they.

Linda

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with Mel, not so concerned about feedback; it's nice to get it, but not getting it is part of online selling, so as long as nobody's unhappy, I figure things are OK.

The view counters are a bit squirrely sometimes, mine reset themselves as well, seemingly at random, not sure why as mine are set as Mel prescribed. I don't worry about it too much though, as it hasn't been known to affect sales.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Hi there and welcome to eBid. Mine reset themselves sometimes as well, seems more so on some items and then some items don't reset themselves. Checked on the default settings and mine don't reset on auto reposts. But I don't get too worried. I do agree that the counters really don't matter when it comes to sales. Feedback is nice but I do realize that a lot of times buyers don't leave it. Which is fine as long as everybody's happy.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to keep very detailed records of my views.
    Very occasionally they would go backwards.
    My sales were not reflected in my views.
    I often wonder how many of the views are Google bots and other bots etc.

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.I will keep on going and see what happens. Linda
    Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Agree with Mel, not so concerned about feedback; it's nice to get it, but not getting it is part of online selling, so as long as nobody's unhappy, I figure things are OK.

The view counters are a bit squirrely sometimes, mine reset themselves as well, seemingly at random, not sure why as mine are set as Mel prescribed. I don't worry about it too much though, as it hasn't been known to affect sales.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thank you. I agree that as long as everyone is happy that`s fine.I would be happier if there were more people buying though.I try and let everyone I meet know about Ebid and when I have sold on the greedbay site i always enclose a little hand written note yelling them about it, Linda

Thank you. I suppose it is a case of keep on trying and let as may people know about ebid as we can.I will not worry about view counter anymore.Lets hope that we all start to sell very soon. Linda

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Everyone here should be Honest in their replies.. tell it like it "really" is and stop using camouflage.
    Most buyers on greedbay do not follow greedbay sellers onto another auction site, true.

Thread Information