Thread: The first woman President

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The first woman President

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I wasn't referring to the office of President of the United States. I was referring to fathers who think their daughters should shut up, get married, have children, and become invisible. I was the first woman in my family to get a college degree and my father never forgave me.
    Sorry I was referring to any Public office, President included. Shouldn't be but unfortunately it is.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I wasn't referring to the office of President of the United States. I was referring to fathers who think their daughters should shut up, get married, have children, and become invisible. I was the first woman in my family to get a college degree and my father never forgave me.
    Your father sounds like my father-in-law (and mother-in-law). They both admonished me for going to college...."because a woman can not get ahead of a man." I just chuckled and went about my business........ended up with 3 degrees.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually the culture that my husband is from are highly chauvanistic. Never bothered me much. My mother warned me not to marry into that culture because of that, but I would not listen. My own son is about as chauvanitic as a male could be, and I did not raise him that way. Must truely run in the DNA/blood.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Actually the culture that my husband is from are highly chauvanistic. Never bothered me much. My mother warned me not to marry into that culture because of that, but I would not listen. My own son is about as chauvanitic as a male could be, and I did not raise him that way. Must truely run in the DNA/blood.
    That reminds me again why I stick to Irishmen. I dated a few Italians some years back and ran into similar problems, everything from shouting matches to out and out brawls, never again - not to say all Italian men are like this, I'm quite sure they aren't, but this independent minded mostly Irish gal doesn't care to take further chances. What culture is your son/husband?

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Guess I'm lucky to be living under the impression the people around me do value educated women. I thought the joke was funny because it illustrates the silliness of being a sports fanatic. I am totally missing any spectator sports gene.

My first thought when reading the opening post was....OH, NO...hillary clinton moved to Alabama? and ran for president from that state? Wouldn't put it past her, running for office in New York when she was from Arkansas after all.

Im proud of my Daughter she can make a great cup of tea.

Thread Information