Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: This does not belong in the eBid forums!!!!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default This does not belong in the eBid forums!!!!

I may be nitpicking but when this type of thing comes up I feel the need to point it out. Over the past years we have had adverts off to our left when visiting the forums. Sometimes they are advertising other Auction sites and contain a link which allow any of us to click on and go to that particular site. Several of us have pointed this out and were advised 'Penny auction sites are gambling and not the same as an auction site" and admin was looking into the others which were in fact auction sites just like eBid.
    Fixed for a while then after a few weeks it was right back again and it was pointed out to admin again. Fixed again and this time lasted several months until this morning when I saw this...

eBay account suspended? PayPal account limited? Get Back On eBay!
    PhoenixHandbook.com

JOE'SŪ Jeans OfficialSite Free Shipping. Shop the Latest Styles. Find Your Joe's today!
    www.JoesJeans.com

Do we have suspended ebayers here some due to ridiculous actions by others? Yes we do. We also may have some who have been rightfully suspended but that is not the subject here.

How many threads have we seen in regards to problems with Pay Pal? Several I have seen.

Does eBid really want a link in their forums inviting folks to fix their eBay and Pay Pal accounts? From the looks of this ad I would have to say yes they do.

For the folks selling jeans here on eBid you may want to check Joesjeans and make sure your competetive or you may be losing sales to them due to the quick access link and advert.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: This does not belong in the eBid forums!!!!

I agree, it doesn't seem appropriate, though it may be as mentioned before that eBid doesn't have control over the ad links that come up, at least I'm assuming that's the case, otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    I agree, it doesn't seem appropriate, though it may be as mentioned before that eBid doesn't have control over the ad links that come up, at least I'm assuming that's the case, otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

I can't beleive eBid wouldn't have control and put into the agreement competitors or links to competitiors cannot be displayed within our site.
    You or I can't add a link to a competitor can we? Why would they allow outsiders to do it? Other then revenue for the site links such as these in my opinion hurt the site more then any revenue they can possibly gain from them.
    If it isn't part of eBid's deal not to allow this type of ad then it's time to change the deal.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I can't beleive eBid wouldn't have control and put into the agreement competitors or links to competitiors cannot be displayed within our site.
    You or I can't add a link to a competitor can we? Why would they allow outsiders to do it? Other then revenue for the site links such as these in my opinion hurt the site more then any revenue they can possibly gain from them.
    If it isn't part of eBid's deal not to allow this type of ad then it's time to change the deal.
    Agree 110%.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not listing here currently and it's driving me nuts I can't imagine how folks who have worked their butts off to help build this site must feel.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Inappropriate ads can be reported to admin. They can then possibly adjust their filters to remove ones that don't belong.

Personally not a problem for me as I have an ad blocker running - so I never see them.

What ads?
    I don't see any ads...
    Oh, yea, AdBlock plugin for FireFox.
    Beautiful thing.

I do agree that we shouldn't be advertising for the competitors. I'm pretty sure they can filter the ads and block those they don't want.
    I remember other sites having this issue and setting up a specific e-mail for it so the inappropriate ones could be filtered out.
    Life is what happens while you're making other plans.
    My eBid Auctions: http://us.ebid.net/items/GuyllFyre

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Turn your ad blockers off for a day and check the ads posted. Not everyone turns ad blocker on or even know it exists. For ads for other auction sites or links to tools to be used on other auction sites to be allowed here appears to be counterproductive.

Thread Information