eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Should Charge More Fees to the Seller

Default Re: Ebid Should Charge More Fees to the Seller

Quote Originally Posted by resalemadness View Post
    Ebid should charge a seller for each and every item they list, a monthly fee for each and every month that the seller keeps static store listings, and a final value fee for every item sold. The sellers fee charged can be a low amount to list, and then a higher percent when the item sells. There can be an introductory period where the seller can try the website for a reduced amount, then an increase to regualr fees if they like the website venue.

The reason for this is that every seller with ligit great products has a margin in their budget to pay rent for a selling venue. Sellers should never be allowed to list for free, as they can flood the website with poor quality overpriced products that buyers do not want. These sellers will not be able to afford to pay their Ebid bill, and will not be able to continue to sell, and great sellers with great products will be the ones left selling on the website.

The auction venue is specifically designed for rare and unique items that are being liquidated, and sellers without a good margin of profit, and without a good product should be effectively run off the website, by not being able to afford the sellers fees.

This will make the website more interesting to the buyers who will become addicted to the great sellers products.

I am one of those great sellers, and I have no problem paying outrageous Ebay fees for 10 years every month, because my items have a 50% margin of profit, and a near 100% sell through rate every month in clothing shoes and accessories. Yahoo auctions failed because they did not charge sellers fees, did not use gallery photos, and did not provide an interesting venue for the buyer.

Make Ebid attractive to the buyer, and the great sellers will be happy to help Ebid do their job of providing a great selling venue.
    There is already an auction site that does exactly what you want. Since you are already there, and have no problem paying their fees, I suggest you stay there.

sorry adrumi I wan't having a pop at you..... it was just a genral question "to the forum"

what I was trying to say (badly) was.... someone who looks like a small seller on one site might be a big seller elsewhere

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resalemadness View Post
    Ebid should charge a seller for each and every item they list, a monthly fee for each and every month that the seller keeps static store listings, and a final value fee for every item sold. The sellers fee charged can be a low amount to list, and then a higher percent when the item sells. There can be an introductory period where the seller can try the website for a reduced amount, then an increase to regualr fees if they like the website venue.

The reason for this is that every seller with ligit great products has a margin in their budget to pay rent for a selling venue. Sellers should never be allowed to list for free, as they can flood the website with poor quality overpriced products that buyers do not want. These sellers will not be able to afford to pay their Ebid bill, and will not be able to continue to sell, and great sellers with great products will be the ones left selling on the website.

The auction venue is specifically designed for rare and unique items that are being liquidated, and sellers without a good margin of profit, and without a good product should be effectively run off the website, by not being able to afford the sellers fees.

This will make the website more interesting to the buyers who will become addicted to the great sellers products.
    I am one of those great sellers, and I have no problem paying outrageous Ebay fees for 10 years every month, because my items have a 50% margin of profit, and a near 100% sell through rate every month in clothing shoes and accessories. Yahoo auctions failed because they did not charge sellers fees, did not use gallery photos, and did not provide an interesting venue for the buyer.

Make Ebid attractive to the buyer, and the great sellers will be happy to help Ebid do their job of providing a great selling venue.

Says the guy with no listings and no seller status :-)

You need to list some items then see if you actually sell them on here before jumping in on raising the fees. I can assure you, if eBid ever do get off their butts and start competing with eBay, increasing sales, they will increase fees.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...again in my personal opinion this is most of crazy idea I ever hear….and proof for that lay down all over eBay a example…and eBay build exactly small low priced items and items from garage sales and items which is very hard find in regular shopping malls…I mean original items very old not like this day’s all new stuff designers and overpriced China stuff where anybody can buy for much lower price anywhere in the net…and eBay destroy that business and small seller’s with high fees…and this days again proof for that lay down all over the eBay where eBay surviving only because of Pay Pal transactions…before long time ago on eBay I pay $0.02 fees for list in my store and in that time I am able to sell like that small, cheap, garage stuff even DVDs for $250.00 a day !....Well…try that now…no way simple as that…because of high fees for everything and top of that shipping fees and in the end Pay Pal fees many who selling on eBay just can’t make it and even if selling small stuff price is now very high and other seller’s who selling higher priced items have much higher priced from before where even good stuff buyer’s can buy from eBay for normal price….and we in that time accept any payment what we like which in other way cut fees for eBay, but doesn’t matter what in that time eBay is still able to round up high profit from seller’s like me…and we have very high traffic in that time…so clearly anybody can see if you put in normal fees and advertise all world will come to sell in your auction site and buyer’s will follow because many will find many stuff for cheap which you can’t find from any overpriced this day’s shopping malls…on that time eBid don’t follow same path and now is too late to make anything with that low fees because this day’s advertising cost couple times more and top of that economy all around hurt many people but if you can list good item for cheap price people will come to buy but eBay has now big fees and many seller’s can’t give you anymore that…and eBid is not well know auction site all around because of advertising and now all this is it like it is…eBid have many items which eBay build before small, cheap, and garage stuff items but many don’t know for eBid…and word of mouth is not going to work fast likes big advertising…and now if I go on eBay front page is not going to show me items which is no way to find in regular shopping malls is going to show me overpriced designer stuff which I don’t buy from eBay because if I need to buy that stuff I will go in any shopping mall and probably I will find better deal…I mean eBay is just now likes big shopping malls and this is not going to work like before and just try to take out Pay Pal transactions and let see what is going to happened with eBay which is other way gives anybody proof ‘’shopping malls and items on it with higher fees for everything don’t work’’…good God…many around think like 5 year old child…AMEN….

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    LOL! Yes, more men in kilts auctions, please.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    You and cats are very naughty !!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

There was an alt online auction site which did exactly what the OP suggests.

Listings dropped like a stone after a promising start and tumbleweed was blowing through the site in just a few weeks.

http://tamebay.com/2009/06/tazbar-to-cease-trading.html
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    There was an alt online auction site which did exactly what the OP suggests.

Listings dropped like a stone after a promising start and tumbleweed was blowing through the site in just a few weeks.

http://tamebay.com/2009/06/tazbar-to-cease-trading.html
    Yes i jumped ship from same site.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Oh, I'm soooo glad we have an expert here to tell eBid's owners that their business model is all wrong and to correct the mistakes of these misguided fools. I'm sure the site will run soooo much better under the OP's guidance.

Clearly the OP has run their own massively successful auction site for so long they speak from years of experience.

What?

The OP doesn't run their own auction site?

Oh, well.

LOL! Now that says it all.

Naughty is a good thing.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Lurker
    View Vinylization's Feedback (+277)
    All-About Vinylization
    View Vinylization's Listings
    Forum Posts

Apt that username is resalemadness. Listing fees would drive sellers away in the droves. I'm in the process of linking and driving my own site to ebid for buy now sales. Why? Because a multi-category site will eventually attract more traffic than a single category site could ever hope to do.
    The lack of listing fees make this a viable and economic thing to do. I make no excuse for not listing everything here as I believe this site is in it's infancy and can only progress. I am here to pursue and be involved in that progression.
    Listing fees would make this an impossible thing to do and would send me towards the bigger sites for high margin items and my own site for low margin items.
    Competition is intense and Ebid cannot possibly compete against other competitors on a similar basis at this moment in time.
    My major shift towards Ebid which will be fully realised in January is because of the lack of listing fees.
    Final value fees are high on other sites but I can realistically build in a profit margin with these and have no problem with them.
    Listing fees prevent many sellers from listing their full inventory as it can be too much of a risk to profit margins and can eat away at the value of an item until you are guaranteed zero profit.
    I have joined the affiliate scheme for Ebid and will continue to push traffic towards it in any way I can, as I believe others will do.
    Yeah sales are not really happening at the minute but there is a bigger picture here as Ebay and Amazon are already having to look at their pricings, promotion and listing methods.
    So I say.....keep the identity and keep the faith!!!

Good luck to all

Les

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid needs more variety of products listed.. some categories are very very lacking yet some are totally flooded.

I would have thought getting variety in more categories would help ebid grow much faster than hiking fees up.

Thread Information