Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cheap UK Packet delivery

Default Cheap UK Packet delivery

Hello all,

Does anyone know any clever way (other than a franking machine) to get reduced postage costs for 2nd class packets and large letters to the UK?

I am doing about 400 packets a month, so not enough to qualify for direct royal mail discount.

Is there any way of doing your shipping with cashback or discount of any kind?

I'm kind of thinking there probably isnt, because Royal Mail is pretty much a monopoly, so they'd have no reason to provide discount rates but the tiny bit of optimism I have left tells me someone here might have a secret method to let me in on :-)

Thanks!

themariobros - UK Based eBid seller

Default Re: Cheap UK Packet delivery

Unfortunately, I'm in the USA, so can't speak for the UK.
    Here where I am in the USA, we have a company called "Pitney Bowes" which has "bulk mail" plans which are slightly cheaper than using the US postal service directly.
    It has to do with volume, size, and postability.
    When the company I work for was doing 5000 mailings a month, the few cents a letter it saved became quite a bit in a very short time.
    I think we saved about $0.035 per letter, which, with 5000 mailings was $175 right there over what they were previously paying for straight postage.
    Life is what happens while you're making other plans.
    My eBid Auctions: http://us.ebid.net/items/GuyllFyre

Thread Information