eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rural homes are having to wait until it is nearly dark to receive their post

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Rural homes are having to wait until it is nearly dark to receive their post

US here so nothing to do with any new UK regulations, but have to say we've ALWAYS gotten our residential mail no earlier than 2 pm. This is in various suburban areas. Sometimes it's 5:30 pm. I just want to know who is getting their mail first thing in the morning? I mean, somebody has to be. But it's never been our house.

I have noticed we have constantly changing letter carriers. Maybe that slows down newbies when they have to learn the route.

Anyway, as others have said, as long as we have such a reliable, honest postal service, it's not super important what time of day a batch of mail arrives.

Default Re: Rural homes are having to wait until it is nearly dark to receive their post

Our post used to arrive by 8am but over the last couple of years it's got later and later - not at all unusual for it to be 2pm now and we're in a large town.
    Thankfully the parcel post delivery has also got later - used to get woken at 7am by the drive hammering on the door - now it's a very civilised 11am or later!

Our post arrives . . . . . sometimes.

A postman local to me has just been taken to court when it was discovered that he had over 30,000 pieces of undelivered mail at his home, some of it from four years ago.

Knowing my luck they'll now deliver hundreds of pieces of junk mail and overdue payment demands.

My postie wakes me up around 10.30 which is cool as I dont usually go to bed till around 5 am.

Then on a saturday he appears at 8.30 grrrrrrr

I still remember when I was living at mums and there was 2 deliveries every day except sundays (christmas and new year excluded) when 1st class post used to arrive between 7am-9am then 2nd class used to arrive between 2pm - 4pm then as it approached christmas or new year we'd get mail delivered on a sunday. Sadly the days of reliable postal times are over, yet we're expected to post letters and parcels before a certain time or they won't be collect until the following day.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Today's post has just arrived !

Giving Christmas cards a miss this year as last year half of them never got there.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1942 View Post
    Giving Christmas cards a miss this year as last year half of them never got there.
    Maybe not, but the local post office looked like they had LOTS of friends when they put their cards up.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like most things nowadays. You pay more and more for a worsening service.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

my mail is about 9.15a.m-9.30a.m.as been for the last 20 years for delivery.

Thread Information