eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: christmas is coming (stress)

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: christmas is coming (stress)

These days I don't stress myself about Christmas. I buy what I can afford and that's it. It's got to the stage now that Sammy and I have to actually think of what to buy each other cos we've really got everything we need. As for other presents, I buy for my sister, brother-in-law and their three daughters. The girls to us are the children we couldn't have, so I tend to go a bit OTT - but it won't be as much this year. (I'm saying that just now - I'll probably do my usual)!!!!! I used to really stress out buying for all my nieces, nephews and their families. I just can't do it now and although I feel a bit guilty, it can't be helped.

It never ceases to amaze me though when I see folk with trolley-loads of shopping - y'know, the 15 loaves of bread and 40 pints of milk. You'd think the shops were closing for the duration, never mind just one day! In saying that, there are plenty of "corner shops" open on the day.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    These days I don't stress myself about Christmas. I buy what I can afford and that's it. It's got to the stage now that Sammy and I have to actually think of what to buy each other cos we've really got everything we need. As for other presents, I buy for my sister, brother-in-law and their three daughters. The girls to us are the children we couldn't have, so I tend to go a bit OTT - but it won't be as much this year. (I'm saying that just now - I'll probably do my usual)!!!!! I used to really stress out buying for all my nieces, nephews and their families. I just can't do it now and although I feel a bit guilty, it can't be helped.

It never ceases to amaze me though when I see folk with trolley-loads of shopping - y'know, the 15 loaves of bread and 40 pints of milk. You'd think the shops were closing for the duration, never mind just one day! In saying that, there are plenty of "corner shops" open on the day.
    SImilar here.

I take note during the year of things that the missus mentions that ''would come in handy''..
    Not essentials, but little luxuries.
    So I buy them without her knowing, wrap them up, and ''Santa'' sends them to us. I just let her open them.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Palmer3904
    View Palmer3904's Listings
    Forum Posts

oh yeah i forgot to mention putting up the christmas decor. now i have to undo all the lights to go around the tree. and getting it set and ready putting up the light out side the house and on the inside.
    but its nice to see once a year all the lights around the town.
    i am sure you will all have fun putting them up..

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

We gave up giving (and receiving) prezzies from other members of the family years ago due to financial constraints. So now it's just my father, my in laws and our 2 sons and their partners + me and him.

If we see hubbie's siblings over Christmas and we usually do as it's his parent's WA on New Year's Eve, then we take a few bottles of wine to share around.

I love to see what Christmas lights other people put up in their gardens - some around here are amazing! We have 2 strings of outdoor chaser lights that will go up in the garden sometime soon

Each to their own ...........

We don't buy for anyone. Mikes two kids don't bother, they never have, Mike and I don't get each other presents we just buy something bigger that we both want ( I keep telling him he needs a tiny little girl yorkshire terrier )

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    We gave up giving (and receiving) prezzies from other members of the family years ago due to financial constraints. So now it's just my father, my in laws and our 2 sons and their partners + me and him.

If we see hubbie's siblings over Christmas and we usually do as it's his parent's WA on New Year's Eve, then we take a few bottles of wine to share around.

I love to see what Christmas lights other people put up in their gardens - some around here are amazing! We have 2 strings of outdoor chaser lights that will go up in the garden sometime soon

Each to their own ...........
    Love that smiley! Duly stolen.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yeah Yeah , well even if I am an auld Grump...I really do hope that those who still like Christmas ....have a really nice time...and I do mean that....I will try not to mump about it any more , but not promising ...ha ha .......papa,

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I will have a stress free Christmas as well Papa as I just ignore it normally.
    Same here. Now my kids are grown up I tend to let one of them off paying their phone bill and the other one just asks for felt tip pens....cheapo Christmas for me then

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    Yeah Yeah , well even if I am an auld Grump...I really do hope that those who still like Christmas ....have a really nice time...and I do mean that....I will try not to mump about it any more , but not promising ...ha ha .......papa,
    HIYA Papagran40

How ya doing ?

Not looking forward this time round at all.

Thread Information