My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gazza - Mobile friendly eBid?

Default Re: Gazza - Mobile friendly eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixautosport View Post
    I honestly believe that an api would vastly benefit the site as it serves both buyers and sellers needs and allows for integration of the site into mobile and tablet environments which are the fastest growing platforms for people making online sales and purchases and also integrate into multi-site software like auctivia, no sense in getting bogged down writing apps as developers will compete to write the best apps if the api is there, I see this as the single most positive move to grow both seller and customer base
    You're absolutely right. I was pressing for an API long before Ninja was around. An API allows other developers to produce rival listers, possibly even open source listers, listers for arbitrary platforms, including mobiles.

Thinking the advantages of an API would be obvious, I also pressed for publication of an API proposal before implementing it, so that feedback could improve it.

Perhaps the climate has changed and these are now possibilities?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tantrip12 View Post
    I am not the younger generation, but I have a smart phone and use apps now for my business. I was just searching for ebids yesterday? So when will you be adding that?

Also I have a question, I am new, Seller+ Lifetime.....Question a free auction doesn't include photos? Am I missing something? I thought when I signed up I saw 5 photos listed?
    Yes if you are a Seller+ Lifetime you get 5 free photos and one free video fro every listing.
    And there is no charge fro the listing unless it sells and then you pay 2% fvf.
    You can list with no fvf but then you don't get a gallery pic.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sometimes access ebid on my ipod-touch, (like an i-phone, without the phone function!) and find it quite userfriendly on there actually.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Re: Gazza - Mobile friendly eBid?

Here is an article that I got from Power Sellers Unit. Maybe a mobile app for eBid should seriously looked at.

Paypal’s mobile payments reached $4B in 2011
    Posted by elgato on Jan 2012, Thu 12, 3:57 | Comments (1)

Paypal has confirmed it reached $4 billion in mobile payments last year.

If you need one example that epitomizes the massive potential in mobile payments, you need only look at PayPal.

The online payment company racked up $4 billion worth of mobile payments last year, a huge jump from $750 million in 2010, PayPal mobile vice president David Marcus told VentureBeat in an interview today.

Putting the figure in an even crazier perspective, tallied up a mere $141 million in mobile payments in 2009.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    Here is an article that I got from Power Sellers Unit. Maybe a mobile app for eBid should seriously looked at.

Paypal’s mobile payments reached $4B in 2011
    Posted by elgato on Jan 2012, Thu 12, 3:57 | Comments (1)

Paypal has confirmed it reached $4 billion in mobile payments last year.

If you need one example that epitomizes the massive potential in mobile payments, you need only look at PayPal.

The online payment company racked up $4 billion worth of mobile payments last year, a huge jump from $750 million in 2010, PayPal mobile vice president David Marcus told VentureBeat in an interview today.

Putting the figure in an even crazier perspective, tallied up a mere $141 million in mobile payments in 2009.

An "APP" isn't needed to make a payment via a mobile device is it? I created shortcuts via Internet searches and use the "classic" (PC) sites for all my online activity just as I would use my PC.
    As explained from others in the past the only difference with an app is no need to resize the screen.

I too would like to see an Iphone/android app to access Ebid. The real value of having the app is *exposure* not functionality.

The feebay iphone app is a piece of crap, and has actually created several problems for me with buyers who buy items after only seeing the three things that the app shows them on the main display: the picture, the price, and the shipping cost. They never even read the description or the terms or anything, because they're out of sight and out of mind.

But the mere existence of an Ebid app showing up in a search of iphone and android app stores puts the Ebid brand in the face of literally *millions* of new people. It also lends instant credibility to the Ebid brand and logo simply by association with the app stores. For the cost of developing a smart phone app -- even a semi crappy one -- you get advertising and an improved buyer comfort level that you could never afford to buy any other way.

Taken from January's Newsletter.........

"We've finally finished work on v1 of the eBid API and have now started work on our mobile app that is currently being built using our API. The app is being developed for iPhone/iPad, Android and Blackberry. The app and API will both be launched at the same time."

Thanks boyz

Thread Information