Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: List number of watchers on any given active auction.

Forum Newbie
    View sueme100's Feedback (+244)
    All-About sueme100
    View sueme100's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default List number of watchers on any given active auction.

In addition to showing the number of views" listed on any running auction, it would be a great feature on eBid to allow sellers to see how many buyers have chosen to watch a given auction. This aids sellers in showing how strong an interest buyers have in a particular listing. There is a big difference in having a listing show 15 views with 10 "watchers". Than just showing 15 views and not knowing who (if anybody) is sticking around to monitor progress of the listing.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: List number of watchers on any given active auction.

Quote Originally Posted by sueme100 View Post
    In addition to showing the number of views" listed on any running auction, it would be a great feature on eBid to allow sellers to see how many buyers have chosen to watch a given auction. This aids sellers in showing how strong an interest buyers have in a particular listing. There is a big difference in having a listing show 15 views with 10 "watchers". Than just showing 15 views and not knowing who (if anybody) is sticking around to monitor progress of the listing.
    No this is an auction site.
    Many members and maybe the owners don't want to copy other auction site features.
    or even add auction site features such as best offer.

(I think that all of those features should be on ebid)

Forum Newbie
    View sueme100's Feedback (+244)
    All-About sueme100
    View sueme100's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    No this is an auction site.
    Many members and maybe the owners don't want to copy other auction site features.
    or even add auction site features such as best offer.

(I think that all of those features should be on ebid)
    I'm not sure what kind of answer you gave. What difference does it make if the feature requested is on another auction site. If it's a good feature let's bring it in!! If I see there is nobody watching my auction, then I know there is no REAL interest, thereby helping me to adjust price, shipping etc. If in fact there are a good number of WATCHERS on my auction it confirms that I at the least have a product of interest for those people. I may still have to adjust pricing, etc if there are no bids, but at least i know to keep it up on auction as opposed to a product that no one in interested in at all. And as an aside, the OTHER auction site also tracks views. eBid copied that didn't they? No anger here, just trying to make eBid be what we all hope it can be. Thanks.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, the number of watchers is less important than the number of bidders. Personally, I'd much rather have the number of bidders prominently displayed on the listing in hopes of generating more enthusiasm among bidders. There's nothing as depressing to me than walking into the sales room at an auction house and seeing the audience all sitting on their hands. The same goes for the virtual sales rooms here at eBid.

For those that sell using a fixed price format, imagine you walk into a B&M store and the shoppers were looking but buying nothing. Bummer. I'd much rather see two ladies fighting over who saw the scarf on the bargain counter first. It would at least get some interest in shopping going.

Of course, walking into a store where the only other people there are the clerks is even worse. It's really bad for an auctioneer to look out over the audience and see only empty seats where the bidders should be. Now that is a MAJOR BUMMER.

Thread Information