Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Thumbnail photos for "standard" sellers.

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View karaval's Feedback (+4)
    All-About karaval
    View karaval's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Thumbnail photos for "standard" sellers.

Firstly, let me state that I really like this site and hope that it expands and becomes the major site for "normal" people buying and selling unwanted items, (as opposed to a "clearing house" for large organisations who want to shift out-of-date stock).

The biggest problem for me as a "standard" private seller is the lack of a "thumbnail" photo for my items when buyers are searching. (I cannot yet justify the outlay to upgrade to "seller+" status.)

I agree with a poster on another forum that if EBID changed their policy and allowed ALL sellers to have the photo shown in search results, the result would be beneficial to everybody:

* Buyers would benefit from having more images shown in response to their initial search.
    * "Standard" sellers would increase their sales.
    * More people would register and stay with the site.
    * EBID would accrue more revenue accordingly.

If my sales increased, I'm sure I would then upgrade my seller status to get the other benefits, (so EBID would collect even more revenue then).

Either way, along with many other people I shall continue spreading the word about EBID. I'm sure it will continue to expand, it would just be a faster expansion if the above suggestion was adopted.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Thumbnail photos for "standard" sellers.

You can always create a Platinum listing to get the thumbnail (plus most other options available to Seller+ accounts).

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View karaval's Feedback (+4)
    All-About karaval
    View karaval's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Astral ,

I understand that using "platinum" for your item incurs a fee of 5p per listing. Whether this is:

* per item until sold
    * per auto relist per item
    * per auto relist per repost per item

.... or whatever, I'm not sure. Either way, it will become a significant amount as your number of listings increases.

I would be willing to pay a higher Final Value Value, (say 5% instead of 3%), in order to have the thumbnail photo.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karaval View Post
    Hello Astral ,

I understand that using "platinum" for your item incurs a fee of 5p per listing. Whether this is:

* per item until sold

.... or whatever, I'm not sure. Either way, it will become a significant amount as your number of listings increases.

I would be willing to pay a higher Final Value Value, (say 5% instead of 3%), in order to have the thumbnail photo.
    You do have the option of upgrading to seller+, that way you'd get a thumbnail pic with all gallery listings and only 2% FVF when items sell, plus 5 free stores to list your items in. I realize it's an investment, but IMHO if you're going to stick around and/or list many items it's worthwhile - I've made back my initial joining fee and then some.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karaval View Post
    Hello Astral ,

* per item until sold

I think that's a good idea,

But rather than increasing the final value fee, as that could cost the seller far more than 5p (ebid don't yet have limits/tiers on the fvf, madness if you ask me ) ebid should only charge for extras after the item sells.

Just think about it eBid only make cash when you make cash that would make great advertising campaign.

How many new sellers try eBid with the SELLER account, get charged for platinum etc, don't sell and therefore don't come back.

Going off topic, Sorry, but If one thing that should be free and standard on SELLER accounts is integrated checkouts.

Integrated checkouts affects buyers more than sellers which affects everyone, and after experiencing the hassle simply trying to pay for an item I almost became a non-paying buyer myself because of this.

Whats funny is even paypal and google don't charge to use there integrated checkouts API’s but eBid are charging to use them.

I strongly believe eBid should be experimenting more with changes like this , even if just temporary , watch the analytics , sales stats , gathering more feed back through the newsletter and site polls to try and destroy any bottle necks that are holding the site back.

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodiesLoft View Post
    There should be no listing on ebid without a thumnail picture, it harms the seller & ebid as buyers just dont bother looking at them, I know I dont.

And yes the paypal checkout MUST be included on all listings, as again it does the seller or ebid no favors, when buyer cant pay and gets annoyed with the site

Personally I refuse to list using the free listings for the above reasons, BUT I also wont pay for seller plus, because it is simply not worth it to me, result = I list items for a couple of weeks maximum and then sell the items elsewhere :-(

It might be very cheep to list at 5p a time for platinum, but that mounts up, when IF I were to list on the otherplace it would actually cost me less than listing here for however long it needed to sell because Id only need to list once :-(

If ebid does not fix this, I think the majority of sellers selling off there unwanted stuff wont use this site, so the site wont grow, since the buyers cant find what they want to buy.

I hope the above came accross as constructive critisisim, as that was my intention.
    As one of ebid biggest supporters i agree

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post No. 8, What can us ebid sellers do?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodiesLoft View Post
    There should be no listing on ebid without a thumnail picture, it harms the seller & ebid as buyers just dont bother looking at them, I know I dont.

And yes the paypal checkout MUST be included on all listings, as again it does the seller or ebid no favors, when buyer cant pay and gets annoyed with the site

Personally I refuse to list using the free listings for the above reasons, BUT I also wont pay for seller plus, because it is simply not worth it to me, result = I list items for a couple of weeks maximum and then sell the items elsewhere :-(

It might be very cheep to list at 5p a time for platinum, but that mounts up, when IF I were to list on the otherplace it would actually cost me less than listing here for however long it needed to sell because Id only need to list once :-(

If ebid does not fix this, I think the majority of sellers selling off there unwanted stuff wont use this site, so the site wont grow, since the buyers cant find what they want to buy.

I hope the above came accross as constructive critisisim, as that was my intention.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "the paypal checkout MUST be included in all listings..." PayPal is not a required form of payment here on eBid. As I understand it, eBid is a venue or selling platform and not the actual seller. Therefore, it is up to the seller to provide the buyer with whatever method of payment they choose to accept. I, for one, would oppose even the consideration of requiring PayPal as a mandatory method of payment to be accepted.

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "the paypal checkout MUST be included in all listings..." PayPal is not a required form of payment here on eBid. As I understand it, eBid is a venue or selling platform and not the actual seller. Therefore, it is up to the seller to provide the buyer with whatever method of payment they choose to accept. I, for one, would oppose even the consideration of requiring PayPal as a mandatory method of payment to be accepted.
    I might be wrong, But i took Goodies post as meaning, if you accept paypal as SELLER then the integrated checkout should be used to make it easier for buyers.

I don't think anyone selling on ebid thinks accepting paypal should be made mandatory , I hope not anyway , But i can't say the same for buyers.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you are going to list much for long, then seller+ is just the only way to go. Any repeating cost is, imho, a totally unjustifed extravagance on here and, like jimbo, I am a supporter of ebid though, unlike jimbo, I am selling here right now!!!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information