eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Non-Payer?

Forum Lurker
    View ShopsurplusUK's Feedback (+23)
    All-About ShopsurplusUK
    View ShopsurplusUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Non-Payer?

Sold an item at the weekend but the buyer has not paid and is not returning messages or contacting in any way.

Anyone know the buyer?

I wont post their name on here as i am not sure of the rules but they have 0 feedback so I am assuming they are new.

Default Re: Non-Payer?

It may be a little too soon to worry yet. Unless you have a specific period on your listings within which buyers must pay, then worrying within a week of the auction may be unreasonable. Bear in mind that some buyers do not check their email that often or may have other reasons for not being able to reply.

However, if you are still concerned after giving a reasonable length of time, you should contact eBid Support via their CONTACT US page (link at the bottom of the page) and give them all the details.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Second Damian, not all members are active daily. I'd give a little time, (unless you require immediate payment and state this in your listings), and a few notices before worrying. If you need to contact support you can use: support@ebid.net or the Contact Us link under the Help pages.

Oh and congrats on your sale.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would also wait a while. then give buyer a notice in My after auction, wait a few more days, give second notice, (do not see why anyone would contact support on this issue). after a few more days give non-payment bidder report. then file feedback or not, neutral or negative (both the same?)

I have not done this "yet",... one can re-list the item while waiting, and sell to first payment made: then cancel the other. ( a plus feature of eBid, no listing fee) This could be helpful if item has a shelf life, say Easter or Christmas, hard to make a sell a week after.

Forum Lurker
    View ShopsurplusUK's Feedback (+23)
    All-About ShopsurplusUK
    View ShopsurplusUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, a week has gone by, no answer to emails or payment reminder. It was on Buy it now so I don't think they are going to pay for it, somehow.

Sigh.

Thread Information