eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Unused pics

Forum Lurker
    View Cazamoran's Feedback (+24)
    All-About Cazamoran
    View Cazamoran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Unused pics

Hello I wonder if anyone can help with my query? Firstly I hope I am posting this in the right area, Im never sure what goes where when it comes to posting threads! The query I have is regarding photos in my gallery. There are a lot of photos which I no longer use, some of items I have sold, some of items that I have given away etc. When I need to search for a photo, which happens sometimes, I have to sift through all these irrelevant ones. In the past when I have tried to delete some, I get the message that I cannot do that until 75 days after the end of the auction. I have let time pass and have today tried to delete some and Im still getting the same message. Some of the early photos are most definitely way older than this and yet I am still unable to take them out of my gallery. Does anyone know what I should do? It is a problem for me as it is very time-consuming.
    Any help would be most appreciated!!
    God bless

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Unused pics

I'm with you...I have a gazillion pics in my gallery and have wondered the same thing. My biggest mistake was back when I first joined eBid and did not notice the ability to place pics in 'folders' or 'categories' so they are all lumped into one big mess. Maybe someone will come along that can help both you and me!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is not really a lot you can do with Gallery images that have been used in a listing (even if that listing is subsequently deleted). eBid needs the image for as long as it is used in a listing and for 75 days after the last listing that used it ends (for display in closed listings). After that, the listing is archived without images and eBid deletes the image from the My Gallery area - as long as no other listing is using it.

From that, the ability to delete serves no purpose other than for images that have never been used in a listing. You can't delete used images until after the 75 day 'hold' expires, and eBid automatically deletes the image at that point anyway.

I have not noticed any issues with eBid not deleting images from My Gallery when they expire. If you feel there are problems then support is your best best - and supply them with specifics (listing ids, image URLs, dates, etc.) so that they can investigate properly.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just leave such pics - the system will delete them in time & I'm not paying for the space. Searching pictures out takes longer than reloading them if I need them again.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I just leave such pics - the system will delete them in time & I'm not paying for the space. Searching pictures out takes longer than reloading them if I need them again.
    Agree with Madelaine, I've never searched older images, I just add new ones if/when necessary. If I need the older pix, I store them on my desktop in a semi-sorted folder.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I'm with you...I have a gazillion pics in my gallery and have wondered the same thing. My biggest mistake was back when I first joined eBid and did not notice the ability to place pics in 'folders' or 'categories' so they are all lumped into one big mess. Maybe someone will come along that can help both you and me!

folders? you can?? ok...I learned something new, too! thanks!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I have started labeling all my pics so that if I need them at a later date I can find them. I needed to do that when I went through a big reorganizing of my stock awhile ago.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can't delete used images until after the 75 day 'hold' expires, and eBid automatically deletes the image at that point anyway
    I understand what you're saying, Mel, but why then do I still have over 1400 pics in my gallery when I'm running 1057 listings? Seems to me the "hampsters" need more food!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, Mel, but why then do I still have over 1400 pics in my gallery when I'm running 1057 listings? Seems to me the "hampsters" need more food!
    I can't answer that. As said, I have seen no issues, but if you feel there are then contact support with specifics of images you feel have not been removed when they should have been.

Thread Information