Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: A Sellers All About Page

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed that there are buttons around eBid that get pushed. lol

All I would like to see is the information as to when the seller last logged in clearly visible on the listing somewhere. And if using the word button was the wrong choice of words, then I'm guilty.
    My taking your suggestion literally seems to have offended you, sorry about that. I know now you meant something completely different, but I couldn't possibly know you had made a small, trivial mistake in terminology could I? So I responded to the idea you appeared to be suggesting - which is reasonable, surely? Sorry, I don't really know what you're upset about, but sorry if I've somehow caused it.

Huh? No Kim. You didn't offend me. And I'm certainly not upset about anything. Thanks for offering an apology but there is no need. I was only trying to express my opinion in a better way, that's all.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Huh? No Kim. You didn't offend me. And I'm certainly not upset about anything. Thanks for offering an apology but there is no need. I was only trying to express my opinion in a better way, that's all.
    Phew!

You all may be missing the real problem. That is - if there were sales here, many sellers would not become disenchanted and then perhaps, post more items and pay more attention to their items, stores, etc.

I am sure there are many, many buyers who come here and are excited with the thought of selling items at this site. There is ease in listing, great global exposure, and even a family at the forums.

However, the dreams become tainted by no or slow sales. Perhaps the new seller asked for a category that she felt was necessary for her sales. Perhaps, as usual when a new category request was posted on the forum, the request was talked down by the usual forum directors, and worst yet, the request was ignored by the operators of the site.

Further, after a few months with no or slow sales, the seller, wanting to sell, but disappointed in eBid, begins to list at another site, along with listing on eBid. The seller after paying 49.99 in whatever funds they operate in, leaves their items on eBid, because they have paid for the right to do so.

Some of those sellers, have stopped listing items here, and instead, remove items from here when inventory calls for replacement at other sites.

Instead of checks on how many times a seller has logged onto the marketplace, let's all become concerned about the slow, or non-existent sales.

This is only my opinion. However, I am sure many will agree with me that more sales at this marketplace will fix many of the problems.

Bill K-

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Of course we have slow sales no questions about that….and anybody can see that over and over…and why we have slow sales nobody know for sure…but in my opinion that NOT much sales or better say amount of the money sales is not come much because we don’t have bigger advertising and on eBid is all up to only members for auctions business. But for this stuff we don’t need to ‘’wait’’ likes: listing, promoting and finding the buyers for own selling stuff…NOT finding the sellers I mean ‘The Buyers’’…and how we all interested for that all auction business anybody can see clearly…at least we have ‘’a nice time’’ in here…and that’s more important ‘’I think’’…...

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell on various sites and one in particular has sent me a reminder email a couple of times to login if I have not been active for 21 days or risk having my listings deleted and account closed. There are times I'm so busy with 1 site or another and busy offline also, that I forget to login everywhere. I most certainly appreciate these email reminders, it keeps me on my toes. Not only that, it's a reminder for me to check my listings and perhaps to some editing, change things around, try different keywords etc.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kozersky View Post
    You all may be missing the real problem. That is - if there were sales here, many sellers would not become disenchanted and then perhaps, post more items and pay more attention to their items, stores, etc.
    This is only my opinion. However, I am sure many will agree with me that more sales at this marketplace will fix many of the problems.

Bill K-
    You seriously think we're all that stupid? Ouch!

Sure, if this was a thriving site with multiple sales for all many problems would vanish or become trivial, and when you find a magic wand please get that sorted for us, however... in the meantime there are some problems that occur as a result of this being the sort of site it is that we *do* know how to fix, but management choose not to for complex reasons we can only guess at.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You seriously think we're all that stupid? Ouch!
    Of course we are stupid, kimbo! We are told at least once a week by someone who has just joined everything that should be changed to make sure that everything we list sells immediately if not sooner!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I sell on various sites and one in particular has sent me a reminder email a couple of times to login if I have not been active for 21 days or risk having my listings deleted and account closed. There are times I'm so busy with 1 site or another and busy offline also, that I forget to login everywhere. I most certainly appreciate these email reminders, it keeps me on my toes. Not only that, it's a reminder for me to check my listings and perhaps to some editing, change things around, try different keywords etc.
    I like this idea.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

My activities vary from site to site so I have a steady stream of sales coming in.

It's always best not to have all your eggs in one basket.

Thread Information