eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, where are the advertisements?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: So, where are the advertisements?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixautosport View Post

iphone/ipad + android apps
    In progress - but slippage in eBid timeframes is common.

target a marketplace that is lacking a decent place to sell - the uk automotive market...
    An area I have never understood why it is not more popular on eBid. Using Featured listing you can sell an item (such as a vehicle) for a total of 1.00 GBP regardless of the selling price.

pingit
    I'm with Barclays, and that is the first I have heard of that. Looks useful - though some might not like giving out their mobile numbers to strangers.

i think the problem with selling cars on ebid is people want them sold in a timely fasion as they have to put them somewhere and have to have them taxed and insured if on the road, people dont want to wait for a buyer, having sold many cars and worked in the trade its always autotrader for a decent motor, ebay to offload a banger or in the auction for a total basket case, as all will move fairly quickly

but aftermarket and salvage parts are ideal for ebid and there doesnt seem to be much in the way of those here either strangely

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixautosport View Post
    i think the problem with selling cars on ebid is people want them sold in a timely fasion as they have to put them somewhere and have to have them taxed and insured if on the road, people dont want to wait for a buyer, having sold many cars and worked in the trade its always autotrader for a decent motor, ebay to offload a banger or in the auction for a total basket case, as all will move fairly quickly

but aftermarket and salvage parts are ideal for ebid and there doesnt seem to be much in the way of those here either strangely
    Yes, but your back to the chicken/egg situation again. If automotive sellers want an alternative to eBay Motors then they will have to support that alternative. eBid cannot become the destination of choice for vehicle buyers if there are no vehicles on the site when they look. While everyone waits for someone else to invest the effort, nothing can or will change. eBid could push it to sellers. They can't push it to buyers until there is something there to buy.

totaly hear you but its of no use if i end up broke living in a cardboard box by then lol, i realy want ebid to do well and get the volume of items and customers on here but thats only going to happen through connecting the site into social areas like forums where people want to sell and buy, if a deal could be done where each internet forum (say a site for a certain model of car) could have its own ebid store as a plugin section to that forum where that forums signed in members could post their items/parts/accessories for sale at no cost and without the need to register on ebid (use a systen of username@www.mycarforum.com to identify buyer/seller) then they would have no reason not to use ebids system increasing he number of listings and number of people looking at them, you can then work plugins for facebook etc to notify you of new items in the stores that you are interested in through their like system

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wish there was a bigger market for cars and accessories here on eBid, especially for the USA market. My hubby, and millions of others here, are complete car nuts. My hubby already mentioned that eBid is lacking sorely in this department and is not impressed at all.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I f I owned ebid.
    That is what I would do,
    Get the Google advertising guy to stop that and start targeting certain markets
    Eg Technology
    Cars
    Toys

Contact ebay sellers and get them to move over to ebid.
    Once you get a few more niches going it would help everyone else.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stoneseekers View Post
    How are you advertising eBid? With the pricing platform you have, you could bankrupt eB?y. So, why arent you competing?! ADVERTISE!! Magazines, commercials, mass mail marketing, radio, ETC!!!!!
    I did an advertising survey here in Oz some time back getting the rates for a quarter page colour feature ad in a couple of our leading women's magazines.
    One is published weekly & one monthly.

Basically they wanted $75,000 per issue/per state!
    Multiply that by 6 states & 2 territories & you get some idea of the costs.

TV & Radio are more expensive.

I suggest members research similar outlets in your part of the globe & report back.
    Be prepared for a shock!

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

That’s right…but I still think bigger chances eBid has around same time where eBay start to advertise I mean in that time eBay has only 2-3 guys to run everything but eBay start from beginning to charges listing fees and as I can see in that time members who comes before bigger advertising and after bigger advertising start don’t care much for that….because new members coming more and more every 24 hours and the buyers follow that…In same time eBid decide to go in other way for auction business and try to do for cheaper way for new members…and anybody can see how all go for both sites after many years…again only and only in that time eBid has equal chances to compete or share world auction business online market….and by the way not only eBid all other auction sites who start in similar time and try in similar way like eBid don’t exist anymore or exist but is just far away from the buyers eyes after many years….
    And this days now is too late to do anything about that and try to compete with eBay, and anyway no auction site or selling platform from USA market even try to do in similar way like eBay because is just cost way too much and I think even if anybody try for first need to charge very high fees for everything in advance because big advertising cost much less before 12 years from now prices for that, but anybody can see many left eBay because of fees, but many buyers still around, so no any guarantee new members will come and buyers will follow…in my opinion is just ‘’stalemate’’ for all other alternative auction sites….and is too late to do now anything for about big advertising…
    Just leave how is it now and try to do anything and everything for about own sales on eBid….is just no other cheap way to do…....

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post

TV & Radio are more expensive.

I suggest members research similar outlets in your part of the globe & report back.
    Be prepared for a shock!
    You also have to take into account the level of advertising that would be needed to have any effect. If you are bringing a new and unique product to market then advertising costs would be (relatively) low. If you are going up against an established product (e.g. eBay), and hope to take trade away from them with your advertising, the costs would be massive - with no guarantees it would pay off. You could bankrupt yourself trying.

It's easy to tell eBid to advertise, but I don't think that would pay off even if they could afford it. They should be getting in quick and hard with new technologies though (e.g. social media, mobile apps, etc.), as there they might gain ground at relatively little cost. Though even that requires resources - which I sense eBid simply doesn't have to react quickly enough.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes people that suggest that ebid do a massive ad campaign have no idea of the costs.
    I awlasy ask them to do a budget (they never do)

I did some pricing a couple of years ago.

I live in a city of 100,000 people.

One of those big bill board you see around town is $1,000 a month for one billboard.

A full back of a bus advert is $1,000 a month for one bus.

Plus for both of these you have yo pay to get the "skin" made - not cheap.

Bonazna got a million funding input last year.
    They looked at a massive ad campaign in the USA.
    A decided they could not afford it.

Thread Information