Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you make money without using Paypal

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can you make money without using Paypal

I accept Paypal because I want to give my customers a choice.

As a buyer...I mostly use bank transfer and Google checkout.

We accept PayPal, Google Checkout and money orders in U.S. funds from all customers. We also accept personal checks from U.S. buyers. In our 3½ years on eBid, less than one percent of all our buyers used a payment method OTHER than PayPal, and two of those people sent cash (which horrified me, but it got here safely).

I think PayPal is going to be with us for a long, long time, and buyers obviously like it. The horror stories I've been reading from eBay sellers do not appear to be happening anywhere else. I've never had a problem with their service.

I would prefer not to use Paypal, but the reality is a large number of buyers prefer it. If you want to make money then you are far more likely to do so using Paypal. If you really do not like them then why not try to limit the amount you give them, offer as many other methods as you can, it may even attract other buyers who prefer other payment methods. If over time you are making enough sales that are coming through without Paypal, then ditch them.

All these differant payment methods are ok untill a problem arises, i had one with Google and there is no way to contact them directly and with a e/mail i just got a load of gobbleggok back.
    When i had a problem with Paypal they sorted it out over the phone and as most my buyers prefer Paypal i shall stick with the devil i know.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    When i had a problem with Paypal they sorted it out over the phone and as most my buyers prefer Paypal i shall stick with the devil i know.
    He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nycloseout View Post
    I would like to hear from anyone who is making money without using paypal,, I decided not to use them anymore and want to hear from anyone making it?
    It is quite possible!
    Attachment 31035
    Attachment 31036
    Last edited by Pink_Panther; 12th April 2012 at 10:55 PM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jota1943 View Post
    Ahmmm I though the same until about a month ago.......then someone did not like an item i sent. I asked for return of the item, it was received and I repaid the buyer...... next day I was "limited" NEXT day, I received a phishing message from a false website telling me how to remove the limitation! IN HOUSE HACKERS? I think yes.
    After that Paypal ignored ALL requests to tell me the reason....fraudulent transactions???? Will not explain my criminals offenses.
    They withheld a small amount just over £100 for something I had sold, after reversing the payment from my account. The buyer even left excellent feedback! I am in the process of bringing them to the Small Claims court. I hope it does not happen to you!
    Was that on ebid or ebay ?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    On Google checkout ... last time I checked, it was only available in the UK, the US, and Germany.
    Being an Aussie I had not heard of Google Checkout before coming here. That's not to say I am up on the latest things available on the net downunder but I will definately look into it.
    Being a Plus Size myself and having worked in Plus Size retail I truly believe that we can all look fabulous whether we are a size 16 or a 36!

http://purely-plus.ebid.net/

Thread Information