Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New seller

Forum Newbie
    View sidbowser's Feedback (+4)
    All-About sidbowser
    View sidbowser's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New seller

Finding it hard to sell anything after selling over 3000 items on ebay,any ideas please???

Default Re: New seller

I do sympathise. I too have over 3000 on ebay but it cuts no ice on this site. I have decided that the only way is to list as much as possible and just hope it improves.

Quote Originally Posted by sidbowser View Post
    Finding it hard to sell anything after selling over 3000 items on ebay,any ideas please???
    It's rough. And a rotten economy worldwide. I've had 3 sales and 2 Non Paying Bidders since joining. But more views here than I had on eBay the last few years. However, on eBay they restrict your visibility in the searches unless you're selling a lot, and there are no such unfair tactics here at eBid. Everyone has equal access to the Google upload and searches, and we all get an item or two from our auctions randomly spotlighted in the "new auctions" and "closing auctions". So the playing field is level, and the fees low.

The problem appears to be that eBid doesn't advertise their brand, so online shoppers appear to be wary of taking a dip in this pond. I have the Repatoo badge to allow shoppers to see that I have a much higher positive sales experience than the 3 here, and that may have helped me to get 2 of the sales ... but I don't know.

EBid seems to be much better known in your part of the world, so hopefully you will have an uptick in buyers soon.... I would suggest buying a few inexpensive items on eBid to give you some feedback here, so you can get rid of the zero feedback score. And adding more details to your listings, and info on your All About Me page about your selling Terms & Conditions, such as combined postage discounts and your refund conditions, etc. Here are a few All About Me pages to give you an idea:

http://us.ebid.net/users/alleluiashop
    http://us.ebid.net/users/bykimbo

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

It is definately not as easy on here, but then again the fees are so much less.

I did Google one of your auctions "DIESEL LADIES DENIM JACKET SIZE MEDIUM" just to see if it shows up. It did'nt until I added eBid to the search. One of the reasons might be the all caps, Google does not like them. Apparently eBid changes them, but maybe there's a problem. I would Google one of your listings to see where it shows, then edit to see if you can get it higher. Over 90% of my sales come through Google, so it is important that you can get your items seen on there.

The first thing that strikes me is that you need to put some 'buy it now' prices alongside your bid prices. Without a 'buy it now' price your items will not get onto Google Products where a lot of our buyers come from.

Secondly your descriptions are very brief. I looked at your denim jacket and all it tells me is that it is size medium and in good condition. As a buyer I would want to know the bust size, the length and the sleeve length to make sure it fits. Plus the material and is it machine washable? The same goes for your CD's,
    'GREAT ALBUM GOOD CONDITION' doesn't tell me much. I would want to know what tracks were on them?

eBid is a much smaller site than the other side so you need to allow some time to get yourself known and established here. Tell previous regular customers that you have moved. Open a thread on the 'Plug your auctions' forum ( one thread allowed that can be bumped once every 24 hours). Visit the 'Promote eBid and your eBid shop' forum, lots of good ideas there. Twitter, Facebook or Google+ your items if you have an account. There are sales to be made here but I'm afraid it takes a bit of work, it's either that or go back to paying the high fees elsewhere and I know where I would rather be !

Good luck with the sales.

Forum Newbie
    View coinbuyer's Feedback (+418)
    All-About coinbuyer
    View coinbuyer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Re: New seller

I asked the same thing yesterday. lady told me that I should include a "Thumbnail" picture for my listings. What does that mean? I uploaded a picture for each of my items and it doesn't show when you just pull up a catagory. You have to pull up the listing before it shows the picture! On e-bay, I upload a picture and it automatically shows in the catagory. How do I include a "thumbnail" picture in the listing?

She also told me the items are not in my "store". My store is labeled Silver Bullion. It doesn't make much sense to add a bead extravaganza kit to my store that is labeled Silver bullion!

I have over 400 sales on E-bay as well. Maybe we can figure this out together!

Quote Originally Posted by coinbuyer View Post
    I asked the same thing yesterday. lady told me that I should include a "Thumbnail" picture for my listings. What does that mean? I uploaded a picture for each of my items and it doesn't show when you just pull up a catagory. You have to pull up the listing before it shows the picture! On e-bay, I upload a picture and it automatically shows in the catagory. How do I include a "thumbnail" picture in the listing?

She also told me the items are not in my "store". My store is labeled Silver Bullion. It doesn't make much sense to add a bead extravaganza kit to my store that is labeled Silver bullion!

I have over 400 sales on E-bay as well. Maybe we can figure this out together!
    To have your items show up in your store, you need to select the store you want them in for each item. Go to "Edit/Close Auction" on each item you want in your store, and the 2nd option down in Section One will allow you to designate the store for the item. Then save your edit. And the item will pop up in your store when the store banner is clicked on.

You can have 5 free stores, so if you have a few odds and ends you want to sell besides your coins, you can easily make a "general store" for that. (See my V's Sundries for example.) And notice that within each store you have the ability to divide into categories and subcategories (both of your own making over in that same place where you created your store) to make it easier for customers to browse for what they want. (See my Wedding Hymne Gifts for an example of that.)

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

Quote Originally Posted by coinbuyer View Post
    I asked the same thing yesterday. lady told me that I should include a "Thumbnail" picture for my listings, How do I include a "thumbnail" picture in the listing?
    when your listing an auction down near the bottom(typing in all the details) of the page Section 4 / Listing type you need to tick the gallery option to get the picture part to wok in the listing. To let you know in order for you to have a gallery PIC the final value fee is 2%.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer07 View Post
    when your listing an auction down near the bottom(typing in all the details) of the page Section 4 / Listing type you need to tick the gallery option to get the picture part to wok in the listing. To let you know in order for you to have a gallery PIC the final value fee is 2%.
    ...and well worth it! I wouldn't bother looking at any listing without a gallery pic.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted this to another thread, but it may be helpful here as well. Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day auctions with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, peronal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old post before starting new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information