Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: feebay considering instant pay from bidders/buyers mandatory on many

Forum Newbie
    Nr Bristol, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View UKcables's Feedback (+2)
    All-About UKcables
    View UKcables's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: feebay considering instant pay from bidders/buyers mandatory on many

I do not sell much here or there any more, but when I did, just used a combination of payment methods, you have to give buyers a choice, so really you need to accept what ever they give you, cheque, echeque, cash, PO..lot of my stuff is collect only so instant would never be any good, also for whatever reason some buyers cannot or will not use PPal, so you need to make payment provision for those..regards Dave.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: feebay considering instant pay from bidders/buyers mandatory on many

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Sellers have experienced buyers (bidders), making last second bids to win an item then either never hear from them or it takes a week to hear from them. They are right there when auction ends.
    I'm not, all my bids are placed by auctionsniper. I got fed up with missing stuff because I forgot the auction was ending. Now I just put the bid in days early and forget about it.

......Yes , I do sometimes forget to check to see if I've won. Crime of the century!
    Last edited by kedo; 14th May 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I'm not, all by bids are placed by auctionsniper. I got fed up with missing stuff because I forgot the auction was ending. Now I just put the bid in days early and forget about it.

......Yes , I do sometimes forget to check to see if I've won. Crime of the century!
    I wouldn't say Crime of the Century but I would certainly hope you know what you have wanted to win and check frequently or do you just use auctionsniper then never check?

Forum Diehard
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't say Crime of the Century but I would certainly hope you know what you have wanted to win and check frequently or do you just use auctionsniper then never check?
    I'm sorry but after a few hours It's usually gone. I'm normally buying to sell on, I can bid on dozens of items at the same time. I just check periodically to see what needs paying for. Which would you rather have me do, forget to bid or pay a little late?

I'm sorry but after a few hours It's usually gone. I'm normally buying to sell on, I can bid on dozens of items at the same time. I just check periodically to see what needs paying for. Which would you rather have me do, forget to bid or pay a little late?
    Pay a little late does it for me.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

A little late is good for me. It was your "sometimes I forget to check" statement that had me worried.

Forum Diehard
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

A little late is good for me. It was your "sometimes I forget to check" statement that had me worried.
    I should have added 'immediately'. I just think that there are quite a lot of reasons for not paying right away. As a seller I'd rather get the bid/sale and deal with the slow payment. I've had people ask me if they can wait till payday (payday being several days away). They just wanted to make sure they got the item and it wasn't snapped up by someone else. It wasn't a problem so long as they contacted me.
    Last edited by kedo; 14th May 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I should have added 'immediately'. I just think that there are quite a lot of reasons for not paying right away. As a seller I'd rather get the bid/sale and deal with the slow payment. I've had people ask me if they can wait till payday (payday being several days away). They just wanted to make sure they got the item and it wasn't snapped up by someone else. It wasn't a problem so long as they contacted me.
    Ask/communication is definately the key. Some ask before they bid some ask after, others don't ask or ever contact the seller. I have had folks ask both before and after they bid/won if they could wait as long as 3 weeks before they pay. I have no problem with that but win an item and expect a seller to read one's mind in regards to when a payment might be coming is just wrong.
    I would rather a buyer let me know immediately he made a mistake and will not be making the purchase. At least that allows me to relist the item and not drag it out for weeks.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    as per Ecommerce Bytes Today....

At most retail websites, customers pay when they make the purchase during the checkout process. But on eBay, the transaction is between the buyer and the seller - and deadbeat buyers are the bane of eBay sellers' existence.

eBay is now considering making immediate payments mandatory on many purchases and offering immediate payments on auction listings where the winning bidder isn't even known until the auction has ended.

eBay sent surveys to sellers over the weekend asking them how they would feel about such policies designed to eliminate deadbeat buyers for both fixed-price and auction format listings.
    It's their own fault for getting rid of the 'once fair' feedback system not allowing sellers to give neg FB to deadbeat non paying buyers, therefore warning other sellers - and Ebay not taking action to get rid of deadbeats when such events occur.

How about reconsidering asking sellers if they would like the 'fair' feedback system returned or just delete deadbeat accounts?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just ask for payment within 7 days.

As for ebay, I agree it's another cynical ploy to get people onto paypal,
    The backlash will probably again send even more disenchanted buyers & sellers over to ebid.

So as far as ebid is concerned it's a result!

Thread Information