My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Question on lot sale? Paypals

Question Question on lot sale? Paypals

A buyer wants to purchase from me 100 pokemon cards, if he pays direcxtly to paypals and the transaction says completed on his payment. I send 100 cards to him, and he emails me that he didnt receive all hundred cards, can he have paypals hold up the payment?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Question on lot sale? Paypals

Yes. I don't know if paypal would hold up the payment, or maybe just refund it to them. If you want to protect yourself a bit from such a possibility, you would need to get signed-for delivery. That way you can prove that it was delivered to someone at that address..
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

thank you

All-About JohnPGalt
    View JohnPGalt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trendytrends4u View Post
    A buyer wants to purchase from me 100 pokemon cards, if he pays direcxtly to paypals and the transaction says completed on his payment. I send 100 cards to him, and he emails me that he didnt receive all hundred cards, can he have paypals hold up the payment?
    PayPal can do anything, and so can the credit card company (which will take the money from PayPal, and PayPal will take it from you).

Follow the PayPal Seller Protection rules and you will be as protected as you can expect on that sale.

The big caveat is, make sure the buyer pays with a single PayPal payment for the lot of 100. Then, you should be protected with one delivery confirmation (if the payment is less than US$250) or one signature confirmation (if the amount is US$250 or more). The scam to watch out for is someone making multiple PayPal payments and asking for combined shipping with a single confirmation. In that case, you expose yourself to risk of a fraudulent "Item not Received" claim on all but one of the items.

Are you "invoicing" this through PayPal? Or did the buyer just "Send money"? If it was a "Send money" from the buyer, was it flagged as "Gift" or "Service"? Or was it flagged as "Merchandise" with a description?

BTW, effective in June, that other auction site is changing their policies and will be inserting themselves (as the venue/platform) into the whole "partial refund" game. This will lead to more fraudulent refunds and hurt sellers over there. I haven't seen that change proposed for PayPal policies yet, but it might be coming as they are owned by the same group.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem here isn't the signed for or whatever protection the seller uses. The problem is the buyer (in the event of) stating he/she did not receive the 100 items but, say, only 80 items or whatever.

i took a picture with the mailing address next to it, and sending it with sign in delivery, I sent it to the buyer, and also put a no refund and no return policy. *I made invoice thru paypals as a service.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

i took a picture with the mailing address next to it, and sending it with sign in delivery, I sent it to the buyer, and also put a no refund and no return policy. *I made invoice thru paypals as a service.
    I hope you had that statement on your listings, otherwise you'll be in trouble.

yup I did!

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

yup I did!
    I must be blind, I don't see that statement on any of the selected listings I looked at of yours.

Thread Information