My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAZ & MARK - re-set the effin' time-outs

i'm always signed in....unless i'm signed out of course....but what i mean is, ebid has never chucked me on this new version.

well.once, when it just been changed over but i'll let 'em off that one, coz thats just the type of girl i am !!

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    No the problem is not at my end - cookies are working fine

The problem is at eBid's gateway-server - it is timing out after 4 minutes according to the diagnostics I've been running - which is demanding too many resets and refreshes

I've not yet received http 404 errors (page not found) but evrytime I "sit" on an active forum page (such as the reply screen) for over 4 minutes, then I get the "go to login" or "gateway connection timeout or reset errors"

It may be that the servers are having problems with the IP routing between UK & Thailand, or it might be coming from the ISP I use (which is owned by the xenophobic dictator who is currently Prime Minister of this kingdom, and has a habit of prohibiting access to different domains that he dislikes)

Whatever the reason, the problems I'm currently experiencing are completely different to any I experienced under the old forum engine.

.............and never forget - before I expatriated I was a high-level systems infrastructure and server technician working under contract for companies such as Heathrow/BAA, LloydsTSB, GEC Marconi, EDS, Dell and others - so I do have some idea about these things.
    And I was a sysadmin... So? I was merely offering a possible explanation. All my Linux browsers work as they should, all G's XP browsers work as they should. Mine work through my proxy server and outside it.

The only possible explanation is, something wrong at your end. Other people here see it working properly.

Try not to shoot the messenger, mmkay?

Thread Information