eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bumper Stickers or something else?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bumper Stickers or something else?

astral you could offer it in a ydc im sure many people would like a chance to buy it
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    There is a thread about bumper stickers.

Would you put a bumper sticker on your vehicle? We would not. I would not use them.

The tee-shirts ... Do you have an eBid shirt? Do you wear it?

I never requested my free tee-shirt as I'm not a fan of white tees. They get grubby around the neck easily from my sun screen and then it's hard to get them nice and white.

If the shirt was black with the small purple logo, then I would wear one to the gym etc.

Is there a value to using eBid packing tape? Is it only the postal employees who would see it?

I'm not trying to be negative here, as I would really like to see eBid as #1. This is a great site. Easy to use. Good fees. Excellent support. There are many positives.

But how to get the word out there and lure the sellers and buyers away from the place that must not be named. That is the question.

:-)
    This is the type of thing I was getting at in another thread.
    Something similar to this.

Yes I would use one. Had one on back windscreen & smaller on side windows.
    Bro has my eBid Tee & wears it worldwide. (see Travel Thread)
    A lot of people work for the PO, your clients & their family see the tape & eventually perhaps even the garbage man. So yes it is of value. (tape)

Interesting comments. Thanks for responding.

(Julie, I'm only kidding about the site that must not be named. It's like a certain dark wizard in the Harry Potter books that must not be named.)

Well, I asked my dear husband for his opinion about eBid in general, promoting the site and the like. Hubby has used computers for years, but doesn't sell on-line himself. If he has something to sell, he writes a description and asks me to list it. If he wants something from the river or the bay where pay poo is necessary, he'll tell me and I make the purchase for him. If he wants to buy from a website using a credit card, he'll do it himself.

Hubby's comments were about advertising in the form of articles about eBid and owners. I know that there have been some on-line articles in the past and I told him about the self promotion by sellers via social media etc.

His next comment was about the possibility of targeting internet cafes, libraries with public computer access, and hotel / motels that offer free internet access. He mentioned bookmarks and paper coasters. The kind of coasters for coffee and / or other beverages. I know that there are eBid bookmarks available. Hobby Habitat makes some die cuts and I bought some on YDC. Kimbo had some good looking bookmarks for sale.

I thought that the paper coaster idea had some merit, but that was just a germ of an idea. And I have absolutely no idea how they could be distributed effectively.

In the meantime, I'll print some stickers with the eBid logo to put on all my correspondence. I used to do that, but had run out of them, so hadn't bothered lately.

Any more opinions or brain storming?

:-)

Thread Information