Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon

Default Re: Amazon

It seems like Amazon are also using Hermes to deliver the parcels, and there is a certain amount of complaints about this company. See http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/deals/...Tx4VBV0S8L65FH

I so wished I had read these reviews http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.myhermes.co.uk
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews263555.html
    before I sent my one and only package with this company. (NEVER again)

It was a rare 18 inch plant, packed up in a 1.6k box.
    After two weeks still no sign of it. Sent tons of messages to them, automated replies - you can't phone them either, the automated message tells you to contact the website.

Four days later the plant arrived at it's destination .... in an 8 inch repackaged box.
    Inside the box was a 4 inch stump - no leaves, nothing.
    Tried to claim compensation - it wasn't covered, in fact hardly anything is covered.

So, if Amazon do use this company to deliver the parcels, there could well be a lot of unhappy customers.
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 18th August 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have used Hermes many times and have never had a problem with them but strangely I never bothered to post on a forum about my many positive experiences with them

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I have used Hermes many times and have never had a problem with them but strangely I never bothered to post on a forum about my many positive experiences with them
    No doubt that there are many satisfied customers that have used Hermes many times and had no problems at all.
    It's when things go wrong with the service that you have paid for that some people complain about, and there certainly does seem to be a lot of complaints.
    I have ordered many, many things from Amazon and always been delighted with the next day delivery - but Hermes were never involved with my deliveries... lol
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dont buy from amazon.
    1) I dont like using my cards online and therefore since they dont accept paypal...
    2) I can usually find what I want cheaper on the auction sites with a bit of looking. Like, for example, I was able to get the season one boxed set of Game of Thrones for my boyfriend who is petrifed of online shopping, for £10 (on feepay, I admit) as opposed to £24 on Amazon.
    3) all my "free" money, (I can get something and in the case of Game of Thrones, Steve paid me back immediatly) is in my Paypal. If it isnt there, it isnt available even to spend and then be paid back, if Steve or a couple of other friends who dont like to buy online, need something.

Collect plus is abysmal. I used them once a few years ago with an urgent purchase of an inkjet printer for my Uni work. The printer took about 4X the quoted time to be delievered (it was never collected from its collection point for about a week, just for starters), and when I finally got it and brought it home, it had been so roughly handled that the printer inside the box (yes with all the padding) was broken! No notice taken of my complaints either. I have heard many similar horror stories too. If they are using Collect Plus, I reckon they are shooting themselves in the foot. And I for one would run a mile from buying anything being delivered by collect-plus. I have not bought things in the past simply because I have seen that delivery would be Collect Plus.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am a huge fan of Amazon - most things I have needed have been cheaper and free postage.

It would seem improbable that they would make the 'corner shop drop' obligatory; there are lots of people living in remote areas and seniors who no longer drive, who would find this most impractical. I don't think Amazon would be willing to lose revenue.

Who knows.

I use Amazon now and again, but am not a big fan. Just do not like the feel of the site or the descriptions on there, but now and again you can get what you want at a good price.

As for Collect+ and myHermes, I have used both recently without too many problems. I did have one parcel delivered a little later than stated, but then again the Post Office hardly hit delivery times on every consignment. And when it comes to price they are way cheaper once you get over 2kg. I have found that with myHermes when they are collecting that the local courier would rather wait until he has a few to collect. He phoned for one asking if I would have any more that week, simply told him maybe but that was irrelevant, I had a parcel for collection that day and expected it to be collected, if I had another the next day I would expect that to be collected as well. I think that may be some of the problem with these companies, the local couriers.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    I am a huge fan of Amazon - most things I have needed have been cheaper and free postage.

It would seem improbable that they would make the 'corner shop drop' obligatory; there are lots of people living in remote areas and seniors who no longer drive, who would find this most impractical. I don't think Amazon would be willing to lose revenue.

Who knows.

I also use Amazon....mainly for books which I find very cheap to buy and I regularly order items from there with no postage added.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arn't we supposed to be supporting ebid book sellers ?

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hermes have started something along the lines of Collect+ where you can leave/pick up parcels at designated stores/shops. I've used Hermes many times and they've always delivered on - or before - stated time, so this is a service I would use - if the designated store wasn't about 5 miles away from me!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Thread Information