eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needs To Be A Little More Buyer Friendly

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinkbarbie23
    View pinkbarbie23's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Needs To Be A Little More Buyer Friendly

I am new to Ebid as I left the 'Bay and came over here for many reasons. I am a seller and a buyer. I usually buy more than I sell, but at the moment I am trying to sell. I absolutely love this place as a seller, as far as it is more seller friendly, however while I'm posting things I have to say there are a few things that could be more buyer friendly. I know Ebid needs to make money, but when I'm looking at things as a buyer's point of view things just don't make sense. I think every item should be a gallery item. If the image isn't available it's too much of a hassle to click on everyone of them to look at the item. To me, I would think it's a glitch on Ebid's end not the sellers as well as for the seller having to upgrade their status to use the Paypal feature. If I clicked on someones item and they didn't offer Paypal, again I would think that this was something on Ebid's end of the deal. I think the fees are great, but this site needs to be a little more clean. I understand that sells are few and far between on this site and I would love to see this place grow, but some improvements are necessary. I am strictly talking as a buyer as far as this goes, because if I wasn't a seller too I would just not use this site as it's not nice and neat and organized. If a seller has to pay to list an item in every category it fits into that's a disadvantage to the buyer and to Ebid because you're not going to make the money unless the item sells. The category listings as well are super confusing. I am a woman that wears a size 6 shoe US and I sell shoes as well, but I have to list them in the kids section. Size 6 isn't a kids size so some definate work needs to be done here. I really hope this place takes off, but making this place just as buyer friendly as it is seller friendly is definately needed.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Needs To Be A Little More Buyer Friendly

This site is as friendly (and safe) as it can get (at least, I think so). All I can say is, eBid offers all the tools necessary for sellers to use. If they don't choose to use them ie Paypal or thumbnails then it is their choice and only their fault if items don't sell.

eBid cannot force sellers to do this that and the other (except abide by the rules), if they did, then we might as well go to Ebay. eBid offers a platform for sellers to sell on for low to no fees and then it is up to the sellers to advertise themselves.

It is not like Ebay, where you list an item, pay extortionate fees and then sit back and wait for a buyer to come along. Savvy sellers know how to advertise their items on eBid and know where their money is well spent, the others, are just trying to avoid any kind of fees, which will hurt them.

I am also a buyer and I feel for you. I know what you mean about no images etc. I too just pass them by and try to find another seller who does bother to use images (thumbnails).

There is a category forum where you are encouraged to make your category requests and eBid update the lists from time to time quite effectively.

Hope this helps.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps you could start a new thread regarding your ideas re shoe categories.
    Gazza (ebids onwer) usually listens

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi pinkbarbie, As a buyer i can say eBid has got a hell of alot more buyer friendly over the last years, However, i also have to agree with you that It would be nice if every listing had a gallery image and if everyone accepted PayPal, had the AV icon and some feedback it would make me buy more here as i find these things comforting as a buyer.

Unfortunately ebid or buyers can't force all the sellers to do that, they will just have to do it themselves and realize it not only affects there sales but other sellers and the whole eBid site to.

But my biggest issue as a buyer is not the gallery or paypal etc it's just not being able to find 99% of the items i want for sale here or at at reasonable price.

I really would use ebid for everything i buy online if it was listed here and at the same price as ebay or amazon etc.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 4th October 2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: what's that smell of burning ? AHH my toast

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinkbarbie23
    View pinkbarbie23's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I agree. I could really see this place as a new home. My meaning behind this wasn't that this place isn't friendly, but it's just not as buyer friendly as other places. As a seller we know why we want to jump ship and we found this place in search of disgust over the other place, however as a buyer there has to be incentive to jump ship as well. Let's face it if it was super buyer friendly there would be more buyers. Let's give the buyers reasons to jump ship and look here first for what they want. However, after reading other peoples problems let's make sure when people do buy something that they get to actually purchase and receive what is listed. If you go to a site you are unfamiliar with and you purchase something or try to purchase something and you can't get the item or speak to the person selling the item most likely the negative impact would have you shop elsewhere and not give it another try. If a person has a bad experience they are more likely to talk about the bad experience over a good experience.

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Over the last week ebid has introduced a huge new feature that is closing all the non active sellers items from the site, in my eyes this is a massive step forward and will improve the buying experience on ebid.

What i see as a next step to this is eBid needs to educate it's sellers more on what they can do that will help their items sell , like good use of keywords , accepting paypal, av, feedback, gallery img etc are a good start.

What better way than in the newsletter, Perhaps a little article each month with some stats and helpful guide for new sellers or a link to a web page with useful selling tips
    Last edited by jimbo750; 4th October 2012 at 10:40 PM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    What i see as a next step to this is eBid needs to educate it's sellers more on what they can do that will help their items sell , accepting paypal, av, feedback, gallery img are a good start.

What better way than in the newsletter, Perhaps a little article each month with some stats and helpful guide for new sellers or a link to a web page with useful selling tips
    Great ideas (as usual from you Jimbo)

Lots of people do not like Paypal so they don't offer it.
    And lots of people don't want to pay the extra to get gallery views.

But the newsletter idea may encourage them.

The forum posts with these suggestions and ideas only get seen by a small number of ebid sellers.
    As you say the newsletter goes to every one!

See as I have said before "Marketing" need not cost very much.
    Advertising does cost a lot.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting thread! Always good to hear the buyer's perspective.

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Great ideas (as usual from you Jimbo)

Lots of people do not like Paypal so they don't offer it.
    And lots of people don't want to pay the extra to get gallery views.

But the newsletter idea may encourage them.

The forum posts with these suggestions and ideas only get seen by a small number of ebid sellers.
    As you say the newsletter goes to every one!

See as I have said before "Marketing" need not cost very much.
    Advertising does cost a lot.
    Thank you

It’s funny , even as a buyer I don’t like paypal but as i have been forced to use it on ebay i know how it works and what to expect and in a strange /sad way feel comfortable using it.

I fully agree that some sellers hate paypal and for good reasons but unfortunately we get ebay buyers here. it just the way this world works, Now I'm not saying that if you don't accept paypal you will not sell but it will affect your overall sales from ebay buyers.

The way i see it is if you really hate paypal and want to change someone from Paypal to Skrill or Google then offer Paypal , and ween the buyers off it on to Skrill or Google , the key is to first get the buyer here, and second is having other payment options available.

As for Marketing" eBid should be using their emails better, for example the last promotional flyer email was really outdated and looked bad , even some of the images on it were of products that are no longer made it was that old.

For the email a nice layout with some updated images and a few well chosen words are all thats needed, thats all ebay do, maybe also a nice selection of top selling products from good sellers ( free advertizing for ebid sellers items). Also what better time with the holiday season approaching fast ,

I want to see some interesting ,colorful, graphical rich promotion emails from you this time ebid .
    Last edited by jimbo750; 4th October 2012 at 11:30 PM.

Speaking of the little AV icon by the seller name, how do you get it? My card address and street address are the same.

Thread Information