Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seller + Lifetime Fees

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Seller + Lifetime Fees

Have I missed - or am I missing - something? I bought my Seller+ Lifetime for £49.99 a while back but I was having a wee look at some of the different eBid sites and noticed the difference in prices to the UK.

Buy it in the US for instance and it costs $49.99 - convert that to GBP and it's approx £32, in Euros approx £40 - and in Rands and some other currencies it's MEGACHEAP!!!.

In fact, I think UK alone pays top whack! So why do we pay more? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with mine - I recouped it in my first three sales. But it does seem a bit odd - and certainly far from a level playing field, considering we're all getting the same service!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Lurker
    View ZenKarma's Feedback (+61)
    All-About ZenKarma
    View ZenKarma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller + Lifetime Fees

Welcome to rip off Britain

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello Nancy , this has come up before and I am sure it was said it was just to make life easy.??...the same figures were used for where ever the member stayed...as you said £ became $ or whatever the currency....I paid mine years ago also and I for one agree...it is not fair...but that will not change things....the UK will not get a refund.....so we will just get on with it....no doubt some will say it is fair.....but that is life....have a nice evening............papa..

All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    hello Nancy , this has come up before and I am sure it was said it was just to make life easy.??...the same figures were used for where ever the member stayed...as you said £ became $ or whatever the currency....I paid mine years ago also and I for one agree...it is not fair...but that will not change things....the UK will not get a refund.....so we will just get on with it....no doubt some will say it is fair.....but that is life....have a nice evening............papa..
    Hi Papa - I can understand "making life easy" but isn't it rather unfair that some countries are literally only paying a FRACTION of the price we do? But, as I said, I'm happy with mine and defo not expecting a refund - just that I considered it a bit odd. Have a nice one yourself Papa!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!

GENERAL STORE

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

not starting a new thread , Mark or Gazza , just for Nancy and me ( and maybe some others ? ) can you please explain this.??.......papa.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    not starting a new thread , Mark or Gazza , just for Nancy and me ( and maybe some others ? ) can you please explain this.??.......papa.
    What's to explain? The prices are what they are. You clearly found them acceptable when you paid them - or you wouldn't have done.

All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    What's to explain? The prices are what they are. You clearly found them acceptable when you paid them - or you wouldn't have done.
    I don't know about Papa but when I paid my fee, I didn't realise that there WERE different prices for different countries. I'm not complaining (and I don't think Papa is either) - as stated, I just find it a bit odd that there are different charges for the same service.
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!

GENERAL STORE

Not sure what you are looking at , but here in the USA (and on us.ebid.net) I am seeing up top right, it says "upgrade to seller+ lifetime. Just $74.99"

However I do recall this many moons ago - way back when I first joined up (and Ebid was running less than 1M auctions) I paid my lifetime subscription and it *was* actually 49.99 at the time..

Ah well.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    I just find it a bit odd that there are different charges for the same service.
    That happens everywhere. It costs the same to run a train from London to Edinburgh any time of day of any day of the week - yet ticket prices vary wildly depending on when you travel. One bag of chips costs the same as another to manufacture - yet, depending on where you buy, the price differs.

In a perfect world things would sell for what they cost, plus a maximum 5% profit for the manufacturer. In the real world market forces apply.

Three reasons I can think of why eBid subscription prices may vary:

1. Lower prices in those markets eBid is trying to develop.

2. Lower prices in those countries where the cost of a subscription is a higher percentage of average income (i.e. don't price yourself out of the market).

3. As in my earlier reply, eBid can set whatever price they like for a subscription. The customer decides if that is acceptable to them. If enough decide it is not worth what is being asked (i.e. nobody buys) then eBid either lowers the price or loses the market.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

While I agree that eBid can set whatever prices they like, in practice small online sellers have very little choice.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information