Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Live in Canada but drop ship from USA - HELP PLEASE!

Question Live in Canada but drop ship from USA - HELP PLEASE!

Hi,
    The products I sell are shipped from California and I live in Canada.
    I opened my CANADIAN eBid account today and My problem is that some of the items I sell are ONLY available to USA and when I try to start a new auction the shipping options demand I enter domestic shipping rates. Does this mean i can't sell on eBid? I already paid for a lifetime membership...ugh.

Default Re: Live in Canada but drop ship from USA - HELP PLEASE!

You should be able to choose your shipping rates and vary the shipping options. Such as First Class, Priority and so forth. You may still have to offer domestic, but when you list using Ninja or the sites listing page, you have the option of domestic or international. If you just choose international it may work if your eBid address is in Canada and not the US. You can try it. I think the shipping options are set for your eBid geographical location. I'm not sure, but it might help. Contact the support team you have more questions about this.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Put in BIG BOLD letters on the auction page

Available to USA ONLY! NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA ELSEWERE . Whatever you want to put. Your auctions will still show up on the Canadian site because you are based in Canada (nothing you can do about that) as well as the US site but you have to choose the international delivery option for the US. Hopefully this will alert buyers in Canada and other countries, if you plan to ship worldwide, that they can't get it.

And welcome to ebid my fellow Canuck!

LOL...yes I could do that and put the shipping cost at $1000! For that I'll drive to California and pick it up for them.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZazzlingDesigns View Post
    LOL...yes I could do that and put the shipping cost at $1000! For that I'll drive to California and pick it up for them.

Forum Lurker
    View ZenKarma's Feedback (+61)
    All-About ZenKarma
    View ZenKarma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZazzlingDesigns View Post
    My problem is that some of the items I sell are ONLY available to USA and when I try to start a new auction the shipping options demand I enter domestic shipping rates.
    Why not simply continue listing with the drop ship items that are available to Canadian buyers and seek out an alternative drop shipper or supplier of the items that are not currently available to Canadian buyers to one that is?

Bit of lateral thinking for you

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why not simply continue listing with the drop ship items that are available to Canadian buyers and seek out an alternative drop shipper or supplier of the items that are not currently available to Canadian buyers to one that is?
    Although I am not an advocate of dropshipping, I wouldn't drop ship from outside my own country, because if running into this exact kind of problem, and the potential unexpected customs charges for buyers. Therefore I would seriously look for alternative suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Although I am not an advocate of dropshipping, I wouldn't drop ship from outside my own country, because if running into this exact kind of problem, and the potential unexpected customs charges for buyers. Therefore I would seriously look for alternative suppliers.
    It's not technically a "drop ship". I sell products I make on zazzle with digital art printed on them. My sales have always been 99% USA because I can offer free shipping. It would of been nice to not have to list in Canada at all but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Thread Information