Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok I give in whats the best computer

Default Re: Ok I give in whats the best computer

I already took it out a bit back and put microsoft security in, long story I did have macafee free from BT first and was not pleased with it, so i put the norton in and it sent my computer into a world of it's own, like I said I think it was too strong a version.................dunno up till then I had always used norton on each computer I have had. going for a lie down now as I am crippled through sitting here all day doing scan after scan

Hi everyone is norton 360 gold edition okay please? I sent him for just the antivirus alone and this is what he came back with.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

custom built pc that way u get the gear u use init
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

The best PC is the one you have built for yourself. Find someone who knows something about computers. A friend that is knowledgeable is really great, but some local shops can really be helpful. Explain to this person what you want to get out of the system. Some people want a plain Jane system that gets them around the net and office suites. Some want great graphic systems for designing. Some want gaming systems and others may want something more media minded. I like to have mine made specifically for my intentions. I prefer Asus mother boards just for starters. If you buy a car you sometimes add what you want or look for a specific model that has what you'd like to ride around in, right? So build your system to your specs or have one built for you.

Anyone wanting a new PC may get a good deal at Comet when the sale begins as they have major financial issues at the moment

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Anyone wanting a new PC may get a good deal at Comet when the sale begins as they have major financial issues at the moment
    Very true, we got a good deal on a 3DS at the weekend. Just remember that since comet is in recievership, if any problem with item you buy from them, you need to go straight to manufactuer to get it fixed. (We paid on credit card just in case)

Good thinking dropsies ans Mel.
    Norton spent over an hour on remote assistance last night ( as dumbo here messed the install up )and could not find the problem their assistance was superb but they could not find any malicious code and told me to contact microsoft as they think the problem is with them.........so will give them a try if I can find out how, I did manage to get one windows update this morning so things are looking up

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

My original one was a compaq presario, which was epic for its time. Now I have one that I had custom built built to my specs, by the guy who runs the computer shop in town, and it is a complete dream to run.

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    My original one was a compaq presario, which was epic for its time. Now I have one that I had custom built built to my specs, by the guy who runs the computer shop in town, and it is a complete dream to run.
    I would not trust the computer shop man here ruth, they had my computer in once, didn't do what I asked and started to use some of my dial up connection ( or so BT found out with a trace)
    As I only live in a little town we don't have many places to get a new PC, I think there will only be currys soon,
    Any way on a better note I think Microsoft just fixed it so now hopefully i am going to be happy and feel safe with my norton as well

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Thread Information