My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Which address to use

Default Which address to use

I have sold an item which has been paid by paypal. The address on the paypal account is different to the ebid address. Which address should I send to
    Thanks Sue
    Welcome to Anglepanglecat's Handmade Cards

http://uk.ebid.net/users/anglepanglecat

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Which address to use

hello Sue , ask the buyer...but ti be safe with paypal , you should send to the address on there or you might not be covered for any come back...I have had the same thing and have been lucky with no bother...but check with the buyer , it is only an email or question,,,,best of luck.......papa.

Thanks for your help
    Sue
    Welcome to Anglepanglecat's Handmade Cards

http://uk.ebid.net/users/anglepanglecat

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What Papa said. IMHO it's always best to ask the buyer which address they'd like the item sent to, though Paypal can be odd if you don't use their address. You might also want to mention updating their address info. to the buyer, in a nice way of course.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had this before and asked the buyer if PP address needed to be updated since they had recently registered here and I thought that would be the newest and they changed the PP one to match this one. If they don't do a lot of buying they probably didn't remember that the old address needed to be updated.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Contact the buyer and check. Technically if anything goes wrong (like the buyer claiming not received) you need to have posted to the address registered with Paypal.

Same situation here, with two different addresses. I sent this email:

Hello, I noticed that your confirmed PayPal address (address pasted here) is different from the address used with eBid. Would you like to update your confirmed PayPal address before I ship the item? It's best to use the address on file with PayPal. Thanks!
    I just sent the message, so I haven't heard back from them yet. I don't think they're trying to scam, though. I google-mapped the two addresses and they're within 8 miles of each other. One is a home, the other is a business suite. I still prefer to ship to the confirmed PayPal address, though.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

If both Paypal and eBid address match; I just send the package to the Paypal address, without sending question to buyer.

If the Paypal and eBid addresses do not match; I contact buyer, stating the differences, and asking them to confirm which address they want the package sent to. In the event of a dispute, the communication can be forwarded to Paypal.

The most trying situation is when the Paypal and eBid addresses do not match; and you contact buyer, but they will not respond to your question. In this case, I ship to the Paypal confirmed address, and communicate in the AAL with the buyer, that the package was shipped via their confirmed Paypal address. I ship with tracking service (this is free if label purchased on Paypal). If the buyer's Paypal address is unverified/unconfirmed; I handle them the same way (I ship to the Paypal address). The reason I handle both the same in this case, is that Paypal will initially show some buyers as "unverified" or their address as "unconfirmed". If you proceed anyway to process the shipping label; they often come up as "confirmed". I believe it may reflect they were in the process of being verified. I do not pay for the extra services that Paypal recommends. The basic tracking is sufficient in most cases. Bottom line is I prefer to always ship to the Paypal address, wether the buyer or their Paypal address is verified, unverified, confirmed, or unconfirmed. This is particularly true if the buyer does not respond within my stated shipping time (within 1-3 business days of a cleared payment).

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't ship anything until I hear back from the buyer, I don't care how long it takes. They do eventually get in contact with me and everything works out fine, as long as I have confirmation, in black and white, from the buyer, where the item is to be shipped to.

Thread Information