Thread: New fragrance store - struggling to sell

Forum Newbie
    New Southgate, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View viper4766's Feedback (+1)
    All-About viper4766
    View viper4766's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New fragrance store - struggling to sell

Just opened my first ebid store selling fragrances (fragrances for he and she) but finding it very hard to sell. My stock at the moment is small and are men's fragrances. I have checked high street and eBay prices, my items are selling cheaper. Tried promoting on twitter as well. Not sure whatmore to do.

Default Re: New fragrance store - struggling to sell

Have not checked prices elsewhere, but if you are selling cheaper then you have an obvious advantage. What you need to do is to get people looking, then convince them that they are genuine and that you are a reliable seller.

You have good keywords so your items should show on Google, but when I Google "hugo boss orange edt men" your items do not show. What does show is listings with "man" in the title, from "Hugo Boss Orange for Men EDT Spray 100ml and Deodorant Stick 75ml" to "Hugo Boss Man Orange for Men EDT Spray 100ml and Deodorant Stick 75ml" you should start showing.

Also make sure that you have the Brand and barcode information as this is required for Google Shopping.

If you are changing the listings then close them and relist, this will upload the fresh information to Google.

The more listings you have the more visible you are, buyers might view one item initially then take a look at others you have and buy them instead.

Your listings look untidy, at least on my browser. You have images and other information that is not showing correctly. I would also include information regarding multiple shipping discounts if applicable and maybe where you get the stock from, it is on your home page but not everybody will check that.

On your Home Page you again have images that are not being displayed. I would also add details about returns policy. I allow returns within 7 days with me paying return postage if item is damaged or faulty.

You have no feedback yet, I know it is a chicken and egg situation and that you need to sell to get it, but you could also buy a few cheaper items, or simply buy things on eBid that you might otherwise buy elsewhere to get some feedback.

You have a store, put the store link into your signature, that way we can find you easier.

Above all be patient, I am now doing very well on eBid, but it has taken two years to get to this stage, but now, unlike on eBay or Amazon, I make more than them out of my sales.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What kreative said, all excellent advice. Also, do offer international shipping, if you don't already do so, as this widens your potential customer base. You might want to let your customers on other sites know you're selling here as well, a flyer or card in a package will do the trick.

Ditto kreative again on the sales issue. I'll never catch up with kreative in the numbers department and it's taken a bit of time, but my sales on eBid are now better than ever. It does take time and patience, but IMHO it's worth it to keep the profits of sales.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    If you are changing the listings then close them and relist, this will upload the fresh information to Google.
    Editing a listing should cause it to be re-submitted to Google Products - there should be no need to close and re-list.

The only time a listing is not re-submitted is on Auto-Repost, as no details change.

Forum Newbie
    New Southgate, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View viper4766's Feedback (+1)
    All-About viper4766
    View viper4766's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It has been helpful. I have re-done my listings and submitted. The reason for the untidy appearance was due to the Safari browser I use. It was very difficult to list and caused a number of problems. I am now using Goole Chrome and listing was much easier and better.

Thread Information