Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Item not received-I'm the seller

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Item not received-I'm the seller

where they actually called the seller rubbish.
    mhm, I must say I don't think that a slanging match (name-calling etc) is necessary in feedback at all: positive, neutral or negative all needs to be factual. Having said that if some-one is in a bad mood, it might occur!.

If they leave bad feedback for you, I would simply respond to it factually: how you tried to resolve, etc. If you suspect there is something funny going on, after the tracked re-send etc, let support know.

why do you not do this with the first item ?....it would save you this kind of problem , or it should
    It would weed out any fraudulent "not received" claims... and show up at a glance if something genuinely has gone walkies. I do this with most things, anything costing over £1 (item cost + P&P inclusive) now.
    I still like to think most people are honest, but with times getting harder, well...

Really, not a lot can be done until such time as you hear from the buyer again. I would make sure that you send them the tracking details for the replacement.

Also, just a thought, even if not getting a tracking number for things you send, always get a certificate of posting, because Royal Mail will not do anything about a postal loss claim if you do not have the minimum of a certificate of posting.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

i would never ever send anything in the uk that is not trackable
    Pretty much my approach overall too - or overseas.

i never ever send a replacement item. after 15 days and the buyer tells me "no item " i refund and block and also inform them royal mail will start a investigation and they will need to cooporate with royal mail, if they wish to purchase of me again they must contact me so the item can be sent SD
    My approach in that situation would be is first to check the tracking - it is easy enough to do! I keep my tracking numbers for 6 months in a folder. If it shows as recieved and signed for, then I tell the buyer this, and to contact me if any other query, and usually that is the end of it. (usually this happens on the "other" site and I get no reply, -or a "oh sorry I forgot I had received it" message -and that is the end of it.)

If I was to check the tracking and it genuinely did not appear to have arrived in reasonable time, I would 1) ask the buyer to double check with their delivery office, just in case, and to please let me know the result, and 2) if still nothing, then they would have a quibble -free refund and apology, and Its then up to me to chase Royal Mail. If I could offer a replacement for that especial item, I would offer that or a refund - buyers choice.
    Last edited by darklisruthven; 24th January 2013 at 03:16 PM.

View dave1066's Feedback (+880)
    All-About dave1066
    View dave1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would ask buyer politely to open a case with paypal for item not received and that you will refund them straight away. It gives some proof of claim.
    If you do send a replacement ask to confirm address and keep proof of postage.

Tracking not sure about, not sure if you can put a claim in if not received when it has been marked as delivered, specially if its been left with a neighbour under the new postal scheme and gone missing or no card through door.

Lots of stuff for Sale

• Computer parts
    • Books
    • DVDs
    • Lots more

Please have a browse

------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information