Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Which payment methd/s do you prefer?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google Checkout

5 20.83%
  • Credit/Debit Cards

1 4.17%
  • BACS/EFT Bank Transfer

5 20.83%
  • Skrill (Moneybookers)

1 4.17%
  • Checks/Cheques

5 20.83%
  • Money/Postal Orders

6 25.00%
  • PayPal

17 70.83%
  • Nochex

1 4.17%
  • Other {please state in reply}

2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best payment method

Default Re: Best payment method

Like Amazon Payments as well but that seems to be problematic here.

Forum Newbie
    All-About thepartsstore
    View thepartsstore's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have used pay-pal for years and it works well

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Me too, used Paypal as long as I have been using on line sites, again seems to work well for me.I will accept UK cheques or Postal orders but for overseas it has to be Paypal.
    It seems most people don't use traditional ways of paying or accepting payments anymore, but I keep those options in case a buyer hasn't got paypal set up yet.

Cheers Alan

Please have a look at my shops, you may find something you like!!
    http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://abyorkies-stamps-cigarette-cards.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm quite amazed that so many respondents (albeit a very small proportion of the actual membership of e-bid users have responded) seem to consider that Paypal reigns at the top of the table? Ahhh, after re-reading, it's interesting to note that many of them, apply an addendum their reasons for that vote.. i.e. " we haven't had any problems yet". ;-) Well, just to even up the balance,, be advised from somebody who HAS had problems with Paypal (twice now in 10 years), that when you DO experience a problem with their facility, you'd be eating your previous comments, age prematurely and probably, consequentially lose the very hair you had before adapting to their "resolves". In such cases, you might as well be talking to the very wall in front of you, for what logical assistance their stereotypical responses provide. Sadly, (for one who does have a genuine complaint about their service), I have had to resort to using the Financial Ombudsman service to seek redress on their failings. I'm sure many of you, that utilise Paypal services, MAY have recently received (February 2013) yet another notice about their change in terms and conditions? For those that actually read the content and deciphered it, as to what those new terms and conditions implied, is that you will be handing over complete Power of Attorney to them, in relation to the contents of your bank account. If you want further information of how this affects, then rather than respond here for details,, just google the subject matter using the subject terms above.You'll be overwhelmed and duly concerned with the findings. None of this is Alice in Wonderland stuff. This is the real world. Just because you haven;t had a problem yet, you might as well be pre-prepared for the time when you are. It takes just ONE, switched on scammer to cause the ripple and then, the nightmare begins. Any organisation that has already displayed a less than satisfactory control of my funds, will certainly NOT be getting my confidence vote of being legally able to dip into my funds, as and when a situation arises that I have no control upon and no redress.. For the sake of the voting and the thread, Paypal will not be getting my vote at this time... That said,, I'm still looking for a commendable source of fund direction and will follow your promotional comments with great interest... Incidentally, I could not help but notice the lack of votes for Nochex? It would appear that they have come along in leaps and bounds over the years? Primarily, a UK based firm that, in its early stages, only patronised the UK banking system and its users. I see now, (on the individual personal accounts) that they handle international payments directly, as long as they are VISA sourced. Wonder how long before they succeed in contract to handle Mastercard?? I'll be watching that one with great interest..

UK collector

Just to further balance the thread. Only a small percentage of my payments go through Google, but I have had one bad experience already. If something goes wrong it does not matter which of the main payment methods you use, they will stick to their rules, or in my case twist them to suit what they want and customer service will be virtually non existant, unless you are a buyer when they will bend over backwards to get you your money.

Oh I forgot another great payment method, I love the smell of hard cash. Not too many have collected in person on eBid, but no fees and you can go out and celebrate straight away.

I don't know if paypal is the best option, but until I came here it was the only option I could offer. It had something to do with the lock they have at another site. I have had a couple of small issues come up with paypal. I agree, trying to find an answer on their site is pretty much useless. But in both cases I called them directly and the issue was handled quickly and courteously.

Thread Information