Thread: Marketing Tips via Social sites Report by ecommercebytes

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Marketing Tips via Social sites Report by ecommercebytes

Default Re: Marketing Tips via Social sites Report by ecommercebytes

Wow! Now there's a topic. Good find. I use Facebook, Twitter and others and have made some sales. Now the way I look at it, a sale is what a seller wants. So if I have to post 100 times to make one sale from these social networks, then I will. Everyone knows that the hard work you put in will pay off. Soon those posting will draw more. People say that if someone has to leave a site to go to another won't bother, I say hogwash. I move around the net just like a lot of others do. The net has become an easy search compared to 10 years ago. You can direct search, advance search or specifically search. So adding to the socials is another way for someone to say that they're out there. It's given that there's a lot of us there. The market place has turn into a virtual network. So Pin it, Google it, LinkedIn it, and any other it you need to do to show you wares!

Have a great day!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

So all of that pinning and Facebook liking etc etc gets only 1.55% of all eCommerce sales.

So I would say don't bother.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 25th May 2013 at 05:43 AM.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes the article does come across leaving you feeling that way babe, but 1.55% of many millions is a large number.
    I think we still have to use any means at our disposal for self promotion to get anywhere.

Henry Ford famously said that if you had $100 to invest in a business, then $90 of it should go on advertising.
    I see that Social networking time spent, as being in the 90% arena?

We have to keep up with our competitors, & the successful ones are using it I believe.

As for Pinterest, I haven't used it as yet, but I will get around to that soon I hope.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    Yes the article does come across leaving you feeling that way babe, but 1.55% of many millions is a large number.
    Yes but i fI read the figure correctly, if you used all sorts of social media etc, then 1.55 percent of YOUR sales would come via that way.

So you would need 150 sales on ebid for ONE of them to have come via social media.

So unless you are selling used Lamborghinis then I don't think it is worth the effort, based on those figures.

As others have said, it ay be better to spend you time listing more or improving your current listings.

I have had a go on Pinterest, but do not really understand how it all works.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Social sites for me is for social stuff and for that reason is called ‘’social sites’’…
    If I need something to buy I go on auction site directly…
    And top of that for example if I am on facebook I not looking for any ads or any promotion but again if I need something I not going on that particular site via facebook I go ‘’on that site’’…
    And if site is not well known like many millions sites around and bombarding you with the ads for all this sites many peoples just don’t bother much to click on it…
    Because I think 99% peoples in social sites don’t go on that site for the shopping…
    So for all that we have very strong proof of 1.55%...
    To become ‘’well know’’ site is only one way to go and for that proof we have in the top example 50 worldwide sites and all that sites do and have similar business model…
    And customers respect that way of business if not respect many from that sites will go out of business or become that ‘’small’ and worldwide internet users will forget that sites or not go anymore…

But I understand someone who is happy even with 1.55 % that’s ok with me…

I dont bother with the social media sites as i find them a total waste of time, From my experience when i set up an account on twitter linking my website all i got was spam from other people trying to sell me something or scammers.
    Best advertising is word of mouth simple as

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Yes I tried those twitter things on another alt site (paid for etc) all I got was less money in my paypal account.

Imho Twitter is only useful if you are a celebrity etc.

You have failed to note one of the key points of the article, and that is that it creates awareness...and people mentaly store what they see in their heads and return at a later date. The 1.55% is only recorded direct clicks. The trouble ebid has is the fact many do not know what ebid is. Social media does this if implimented correctly.
    I imqgine most companies put up a FB page or Pinterest board..post a couple of items and expect high returns...it doesnt work like this...it neads work...you get out what is put in.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Absolutely, it doesn't hurt to spread your name out there on the internet, even on social media sites. For me, it's not a waste of time at all, the more people see me, the better chance I have of doing business. This seems to be the way to go in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by DandC_Warehouse View Post
    You have failed to note one of the key points of the article, and that is that it creates awareness...and people mentaly store what they see in their heads and return at a later date. The 1.55% is only recorded direct clicks. The trouble ebid has is the fact many do not know what ebid is. Social media does this if implimented correctly.
    I imqgine most companies put up a FB page or Pinterest board..post a couple of items and expect high returns...it doesnt work like this...it neads work...you get out what is put in.

Thread Information