eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Finally stopped smoking after 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: I Finally stopped smoking after 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought I would forget the exact time I quit smoking, but I have forgotten the year - it's 3 or 4 or 5 years now. The day was November 26th, and it was after 46 years of smoking. I will say I didn't let myself exceed 1 pack a day very often. Anyway, I use an electronic cigarette now and if I forget to take it with me, there is no panic like there was if I left my cigarettes behind. So I'M FREE! Cough is gone and life is better in general. I can also say that instant wealth did not appear, but I did notice an improvement in my budget. I know several people that have given up the habit after a long addiction and we are all very happy about it. I did notice the smell before I quit, particularly with people who smoked the bargain brands. I thought that was weird.

Bottom line .....Congratulations, keep up the good work!
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I Finally stopped smoking after 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View andyrg66's Feedback (+1)
    All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all your support another day done thanks to my e-cig.

decided to use the smokers smell as r reminder why I stopped instead of becoming an annoying anti smoker type -they are probably worse that smokers.

today got used to tasting things and started smelling thing , isn't he smell of dried grass/straw nice its really sweet smelling, if sweet can be a smell its all new to me

got 3 friends on e-cigs today. They cant believe I could go from 60 to zero day so easily , and I like smoking - liked sorry.

and there's a nearly full packet on the table , it just untidy and in the way and not even a temptation. ordered one for the other half today so the ashtrays and half smoked packets will be gone in a few days.

just had half a beer and that nearly got me to have just the one so beer down the sink and having a nice cup of tea.

cheers all
    A

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congrats on stopping smoking

My son and I are stopping once his Champax kicks in. I have nicotine lozenges and ecigs at the ready so I'm all set to stop in a week or so.

I have set up a standing order to my computer fund account so any money saved will be buying my next pc

All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

the good thing with an e-cig isyou still have some thing in your hand and to put in you mouth, it saves the what do i do with my hands excuse.

i have tried lozenges patches will power health scares, lack of cash ( but its surprising how much tobacco is left in the ashtray -yes i was that bad!!!)

but i think the e-cig works because its more of a substitute to start with and over time become less of a necessity

don't forget the cash jar cigarette money in the jar everyday ,first thing , even if it leaves you short of cash , buy fags first, then see what's left for anything else, that's how it used to be. - i have got 49 pounds so far - 2 and a bit days!!!!

6 days to go to get my teeth cleaned and whitened plus more washing liquid or maybe a new wardrobe.

good luck
    Andy

All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

off to bed now, had a slight urge for a cigarette,

but a bar of chocolate sorted it, not sure if talk of sugar levels is true, any advice welcome.

putting on weight isn't a problem for me, keeping it on is ,as i have an over active thyroid, I eat enough junk for for 3 people in a day and have managed to go from 61kg to 56 in the last 2 days!!!!

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

For tips & advice, check out this oldish thread if you haven't already.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...t=stop+smoking

And keep on keeping on!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congratulations and kudos to all reporting they kicked the habit. I heard a very interesting radio broadcast on quitting smoking. It is one of the hardest habits to break. So I gained a greater level of respect for anyone who is able to kick that habit.

I tried smoking as a teen once or twice, but I thought it tasted terrible. Also added up the cost, and that was really what stopped me from smoking. Just kept thinking about all the other stuff I could buy with the money.

I was reminded as I read these notes, that every now and then, I find an article of clothing that has those little holes from stray hot ashes that I still have, so don't forget how much you will be saving on clothing. I think it has been 4 years and I tried other things too, none worked. I think you are right having something to do with your hands, and not feeling completely deprived helps a lot.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlcenterprises View Post
    Government & people wont touch the issue of alcohol, they use it to socialize, celebrate, and relax. It is the legal drug in our US society. They can only harp about tobacco usage, the government really don't want people to quit, they want it to appear this way, the liberals are having to much fun in this country wasting the tax money from tobacco tax. My wife and I are raising 6 children, which half have alcohol fetal syndrome, irreversible brain damage, I wished the mother would have only smoked, so these kids could live a normal life.
    Sorry to hear about alcohol's irreversable damage to the youngsters. Cigarette smoking during pregnancy is also bad news, and can lead to negative long term problems. Smoking's effect on children can include attention deficit, hyperactivity, and lower school performance. Smoking can cause serious problems for the unborn child also.Problems such as birth defects, premature birth, low birth weight, longer hospitalization and a host of other problems. See link to CDC (Center For Disease Control) below.

http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealt...oUsePregnancy/

P.S. You could be on to something there, though it may be others besides the government or both. I used to work in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention. Quickly learned that there is not much money involved in prevention. The big bucks come from treatment and service of illness. Research is another big money maker, and I guess so are taxes.

In all fairness though the government was our biggest funder, and provided alot of technical support to our group. Our biggest fight came from local entities who focused on treatment and support services.

Thread Information