eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let us try it out!

Default Let us try it out!

Hi,

I just thought I'd comment here that forcing new sellers to pay full price just to try the 'buy it now' option is not very useful.

I'm a power seller and a top rated seller on Ebay. I've been looking for an alternative, due to their constant fee hikes and policy changes which cost sellers hours and hours of wasted time, and weigh them down with ever growing costs.

What I really wanted to do was give Ebid a short term, one month trial for my products to see how well they sold. If they sold reasonably well on here, I would be quite happy to pay the £100.00 seller+ fee (I pay far more than that to ebay on a MONTHLY basis).

I would probably be a great asset to the site, and a great ebid seller. I have a great track record on both Ebay and Amazon. But obviously, I'm not going to pay £100.00 (or even £50.00) just to give it a short term try. Even the 1 week trial is a bit pricy, as I would definitely need a full month test run, and that would be £30.00 on 4 one week trials, just to see if I even get any views!

The current trial system only allows for auctions. This is useless for my product, as I have hundreds in stock of various items that I would obviously want to sell as 'buy it now'. I would need my listing to stay up for that full month, and I would need the price to be set to my specifications. This would allow me a clear representation of what to expect from Ebid sales.

It's really such a shame. There is a huge gap in the UK market for Ebay type sites. Ebay rules the roost by almost a monopoly. Hundreds of sellers are getting fed up with the fee hikes and policy changes. And they are all looking to switch to.... somewhere else. Ebid should encourage these sellers as much as possible to give Ebid a try. Believe me, we would be quite happy to, if only we had the opportunity to fairly try it first.

But instead, we are forced to decide that trying it out is just too risky. You might as well throw that £30.00 in the trash, because you must assume that the trial may be a failure. Costs here are nothing compared to Ebay, but the cost of a trial run is just too expensive for what it is, after all, it is only a test run period to see if they system will or will not work.

I am unfortunately not going to give ebid a try today for this reason. I would be happy to pay as much as 15% of confirmed sales totals during a 'trial' period, but this sort of option is not available. I am not willing to throw the full £30.00 in for something that may or may not sell my product at all. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Let us try it out!

2) How do upgrade my account?

You can upgrade immediately when you register by choosing SELLER or SELLER+ on the registration form. To upgrade any time after registering visit the "My Subscriptions" section of "My eBid". The details for each account plan can be seen below. This page will also show you what current plan you are on.

SELLER : upgrade fee : Lifetime £0.00

SELLER+ : upgrade fee :7 Day £1.99 | 30 Day £6.99 | 90 Day £16.99 | 365 Day £54.99 | Lifetime £99.98

SELLER+ Lifetime is currently available for £49.99 if upgrade takes place within 24 hours of registration OR any other upgrade.

Click the help button at the top right of any page, and look at the left....FAQ's for registering......what I copied above is just the beginning. The chart below it shows the options you get with each type of status.

CAN LIST AUCTIONS........means auctions, Buy it nows....etc.

Well worth the try for 6.99??
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Ahh, I see. Where on earth did you find that? The one I looked at seemed to be priced quite differently. Thank you! Perhaps I will give it a try after all...

Any monies you do pay would come off the fee if you do decide to join.

Another option is listing using the Platinum Option, that costs £0.06 (UK) and you get uploads to Google Shopping, Galley Image and plenty more. The FVF is 3% but that should be more than acceptable on a trial. If you do take that option I would list for 7-10 days with 10 Auto Reposts. That will get you the most for your money and also give a long enough time to judge the site and 'tweak' your listings if needed to better suit the platform.

Hope you give us a go and are successful with it. If you do then pop onto the forums for advice, it will be freely given and selling can be slightly different on eBid than eBay.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you had spent the time investigating the site that you spent blowing your own trumpet here you will have found that you can use BuyNow with any Seller+ subscription (from 1 week to Lifetime and all shades between). You don't even need to subscribe to Seller+, you can use the Platinum listing format as a basic Seller and access virtually all Seller+ features on a pay-per-listing basis.

Hi,

I just thought I'd comment here that forcing new sellers to pay full price just to try the 'buy it now' option is not very useful.
    No you don't, you can list with a buynow price for just 5p. Or take out a smaller seller+ option.

I'm a power seller and a top rated seller on Ebay. I've been looking for an alternative, due to their constant fee hikes and policy changes which cost sellers hours and hours of wasted time, and weigh them down with ever growing costs.

Glad you found eBid

What I really wanted to do was give Ebid a short term, one month trial for my products to see how well they sold. If they sold reasonably well on here, I would be quite happy to pay the £100.00 seller+ fee (I pay far more than that to ebay on a MONTHLY basis).
    Simply choose the 1 week (£1.99) 1 month (£6.99) or 90 day (£16.99) be aware that it is a subscription and if you decided to not continue, it would be up to you to downgrade back to seller level

I would probably be a great asset to the site, and a great ebid seller. I have a great track record on both Ebay and Amazon. But obviously, I'm not going to pay £100.00 (or even £50.00) just to give it a short term try. Even the 1 week trial is a bit pricy, as I would definitely need a full month test run, and that would be £30.00 on 4 one week trials, just to see if I even get any views!
    How can £1.99 for a week be a bit pricey? The 1 month seller+ option is just £6.99.

The current trial system only allows for auctions. This is useless for my product, as I have hundreds in stock of various items that I would obviously want to sell as 'buy it now'. I would need my listing to stay up for that full month, and I would need the price to be set to my specifications. This would allow me a clear representation of what to expect from Ebid sales.
    Cannot help with that bit

It's really such a shame. There is a huge gap in the UK market for Ebay type sites. Ebay rules the roost by almost a monopoly. Hundreds of sellers are getting fed up with the fee hikes and policy changes. And they are all looking to switch to.... somewhere else. Ebid should encourage these sellers as much as possible to give Ebid a try. Believe me, we would be quite happy to, if only we had the opportunity to fairly try it first.

But instead, we are forced to decide that trying it out is just too risky. You might as well throw that £30.00 in the trash, because you must assume that the trial may be a failure. Costs here are nothing compared to Ebay, but the cost of a trial run is just too expensive for what it is, after all, it is only a test run period to see if they system will or will not work.

I am unfortunately not going to give ebid a try today for this reason. I would be happy to pay as much as 15% of confirmed sales totals during a 'trial' period, but this sort of option is not available. I am not willing to throw the full £30.00 in for something that may or may not sell my product at all. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
    That is you opinion, I think you need to re-read the price section as I think you may have the prices wrong http://uk.ebid.net/help_register.php#1a

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onefinedayUK View Post
    Ahh, I see. Where on earth did you find that? The one I looked at seemed to be priced quite differently. Thank you! Perhaps I will give it a try after all...
    Where I said.............click the help button at the top right of any page, then look on the left!!! It took me awhile to find it, to be fair, but all sorts of valuable info is there.

P.s.............welcome! I hope you will stick around and give it a fair try. It's fine to sell on more than one site, so you don't need to keep all your eggs in one basket. Support here is second to none, and is real people, not automated letters.
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 31st July 2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onefinedayUK View Post
    Hi,

ok so your a PS on ebay that really means nothing to me the big difference between here and there is a huge customer base were you basicly list and sit back heres its different the first thing is establishing yourself, using the google uploads to there full advantage ie key words in searches..its gonna take more than a month at this time of year to establish yourself .are you gonna list the same items across different venues? if so what incentive will you give buyers to buy of you here, are you going to compete with yourself across venues again what incentives will you give buyers to buy of you here,? if you can incorparte all of the above into a business plan you will get a level of sales, at what level ? i cant tell you thats up to you and what you sell, MR K was spot on about fees/signing up

i made my subscription back in weeks FB is also not a fair representacion of my sales and other sellers as the search and type of buyer tends to be different here

the platform here is a excellent tool to list one item or thousands remember its not were you sell its what you sell that makes a sale

good luck
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

WOW this has been an insane amount of responses for such a short time. Thanks Guys!

I have figured out the pricing, and thanks to all these responses, I've decided to give it a go. For some reason, I was not able to find that monthly was 6.99. What I was looking at was far more than that, it was trying to push me to do the lifetime deal, and then I set up the 'seller 0' account and realized that wasn't available for buy it now. I did see the trial pricing, but there wasn't a 6.99 month one where I looked, it was an entirely different set of pricing for some other type of account, not sure where that came from!

It was just a bit difficult to navigate and confusing as there's a price list here and another one there... I wrote this not just to vent, but also remind ebid that it really could stand a chance against ebay. That was actually a great decision this time, as I discovered there's a whole different side to this site. anyhoo now this makes much more sense. phew...

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just do it, sell on both sites.
    Pay the 49.99, you will get it back eventually if you put some effort in.
    I am a power seller, etc, etc. I sell on both sites and I have my own website. If you are not on ebid, you are loosing potential sales however small.
    Are you in business or not?

Thread Information