My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Currencies

Default Currencies

What would be very useful is an option to select a different currency (other than the default currency that is fixed by a sellers location).

For example, I am located in a Euro currency country but would like to price some of my sales in GB Pounds. I cannot do this on eBid.

Other sites have this option, so why not here ?

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Currencies

From what I can tell, if you make your items available to other countries, it shows in the local currency.

I just went to the French Site, and looked at one of my items, it was priced in Euro's

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Yes, I understand that, and it is a good feature.

The problem is that I have to post items in Euros and get paid in Euros when I would like to get paid in GB Pounds.

I do not see any solution to this problem.

Forum Newbie
    All-About wjkski
    View wjkski's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waterman2901 View Post
    Yes, I understand that, and it is a good feature.

The problem is that I have to post items in Euros and get paid in Euros when I would like to get paid in GB Pounds.

I do not see any solution to this problem.
    PayPal allows the seller to select such a payment method. Buyers who are in the GBP area can then pay you in GBPs instead of Euros. Further your cash on hand can be divided between multiple currencies if you so desire.

Both Paypal and Skrill have this facility.

Problem is that PPPay Instant has a charge of 5 Euros per transfer but zero charge per transfer for GB Pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by wjkski View Post
    PayPal allows the seller to select such a payment method. Buyers who are in the GBP area can then pay you in GBPs instead of Euros. Further your cash on hand can be divided between multiple currencies if you so desire.
    But that still doesn't address the original poster's issue. Unless there's discussion before paying (which there often isn't), the buyer will pay in whatever currency eBid indicates, and there'll be a conversion cost within Paypal as well as the undesired currency arriving.

Of course there has to be some disadvantage to being an ex-pat in France, otherwise the exodus from GB would be even bigger!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thanks Johnwash1, spot on.

I looked at the option of opening a UK account using a UK address but then the postal charges options seem to be limited to the good old Royal Mail and problems with registering French financial stuff.

Other sites allow currency options for postal charges as well !

Yes, we do have some disadvantages over here, like losing the winter fuel allowance next year
    Last edited by waterman2901; 12th September 2013 at 11:50 PM.

Thread Information