Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Hint Hint Hint Help Help help what can I do to improve my sales?

Unhappy Hint Hint Hint Help Help help what can I do to improve my sales?

I am after some advice on being more successful on Ebid than I am at present. I know I need to list more what advice can you give me please? Would my prices put you off? Is my postage too high? Do you not like what I have to say in my descriptions? I am on here daily and I do promote Ebid on facebook. I also tell friends and family about this site and ask them to pass it on. Where am I going wrong please?

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Hint Hint Hint Help Help help what can I do to improve my sales?

I have had a look at your items and I think your prices are very reasonable. I wouldn't charge more for postage than the item will actually cost to send, and I would offer combined postage. If you can find some more items to list it would increase your profile, and promoting on Facebook is always a good idea. Perhaps you could open a Pinterest account, too.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

You need to have 'buy it now' prices alongside any auction price to get your items onto Google shopping. Make sure any bar codes you have are entered or if the item doesn't have one then put the word 'EXEMPT' into the bar code box. A lot of our business here comes from Google so it is important to get your items seen there.

Also you get 5 free shops with the life time offer so why not open some to get more exposure.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 22nd September 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View thebeddingman's Feedback (+239)
    All-About thebeddingman
    View thebeddingman's Listings
    Forum Posts

And stick a link to your auctions at the bottom of your forum posts.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

To ship the set of books it may work out cheaper using a courier such as Myhermes; I had to return a pair of traing shoes recently it cost £4.20 for a box under 2kg.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Hi, I can see five of your auctions, here in Canada. If I were in the market for anything that you have listed, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from you. No, your prices wouldn't put me off.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31703)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

The pricing is set well, reasonable prices and P&P looks fair.

I would need much more extensive support guidance about returns before I would dare to buy shoes online, and if I were interested in Gaffer, then I would like to know how you pack such items.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

All good advice above! Prices & shipping look OK to me.

Do as much social networking as possible. Twitter,Pinterest etc.

You really need to list more. 8 items is not enough & variety is the key!
    Start one or more stores & fill them up.

The old advice from "that other place" was that everybody has at least $1500.00 worth of "stuff" in their home they no longer use & could list. I agree, so go through the house & sort out things to list???

Add links to your forum posts as stated above & use the "Plug" thread on occasion.

I hope you make the changes & have success.

Thread Information