All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why bother with eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Ebay has one solid advantage for buyers

Buyer Protection
    PMSL!

It is also a solid disadvantage for sellers.

Who are leaving in droves.
    Forget comparisons, find an alternative you like and get listing!

Buyers also have to follow the stock and if it's not on ebay then they have to engage with a site like ebid who take a dim view of buyers and sellers who engage in rip off practices.

Giving up the bay was a tough decision but the right one in the long term.

Ebay no longer want to accommodate the "small seller" and I expect they would love a site like ebid to take these sellers on.

When sellers and buyers wake up to the need for a new venue then ebid and the like will prosper.

Ebay as we knew it is dead!

LET'S BURY IT BY LISTING ALL WE HAVE!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post

New? It states, under your username, that you joined in Aug 2008. That's over 5 years ago
    And my join date is Oct 2008. There were all kinds of registration glitches when I tried to upgrade to Seller + and so I didn't actively start listing here until May of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I think your'e new!
    lol

Amen!!! I sincerly know and believe the only reason that ebid is not on top is people don't know about it. I wish there was a simple idea/ answer to this. Once the word is properly out it's a no brainer. Everyone is missing out just due to not knowing! It's so frustrating. Customers can get such better deals here. Lower fees by 7%! Unlimited selling no seller limits. A place where the small seller is valued and appreciated. Real people help. There in NO CONTACT HELP at other place. A community of ebid ebuds who care about each other and this site. We help and support each other. You find NONE of this elsewhere. It's awsome! If only we can get the word out on a massive scale. Maybe if we as s group hire a pro for just that. I am willing to pitch in for the right candidate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    PMSL!

It is also a solid disadvantage for sellers.

Who are leaving in droves.
    Forget comparisons, find an alternative you like and get listing!

Buyers also have to follow the stock and if it's not on ebay then they have to engage with a site like ebid who take a dim view of buyers and sellers who engage in rip off practices.

Giving up the bay was a tough decision but the right one in the long term.

Ebay no longer want to accommodate the "small seller" and I expect they would love a site like ebid to take these sellers on.

When sellers and buyers wake up to the need for a new venue then ebid and the like will prosper.

Ebay as we knew it is dead!

LET'S BURY IT BY LISTING ALL WE HAVE!
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 25th September 2013 at 12:10 AM.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I joined in 2008 as a buyer, with a thought of listing here as well as eBay.
    I've only just started to list as a seller.

The buyer protection idea is a good one.
    On eBay, I've always maintained that buyers don't need buyer protection if they deal with me - I give a much more comprehensive and inclusive guarantee. The problem is that buyers on eBay do indeed need protection from some of the sellers on there.

If eBay policed their site properly and removed dishonest and fraudulent sellers immediately, buyers wouldn't need protection in the way they do. The eBay buyer protection is a lazy quick fix.

So it is even more important for eBid to distance and differentiate itself from eBay.

Yes, squern, I agree. I voiced concern at the weekend about the riff raff from ebay, they have made it very easy over there for dishonest sellers and buyers and it would be a shame if by importing a mass from ebay we would get the dross as well.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    Yes, squern, I agree. I voiced concern at the weekend about the riff raff from ebay, they have made it very easy over there for dishonest sellers and buyers and it would be a shame if by importing a mass from ebay we would get the dross as well.
    The thing is that dishonest buyers and sellers would not be tolerated on ebid.
    Once exposed they would be swiftly dealt with.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Going back to the original thought: Why should buyers buy?

I've checked the eBid site, and can't find the reason anywhere. In the comparison with ebay at the top, it gives lots of reasons to sell here, but none to buy.

When you click on "Buy", you just get categories. What you don't get is reassurance, advantages or anything about the ethos of the site.
    Do buyers have a forum? I can't find one. This could be a valuable source of information for both sellewrs and the site administrators. It might also reassure buyers.

The contant cry on the eBay forums (fora?) is the lack of prtotection for, and exploitation of, sellers. Perhaps eBid has gone too far towards protecting sellers, by standing back from the transaction? I'm not suggesting that they show micro-manage and interfere as eBay do, but there is a need for the recognition of the importance of buyers' confidence.

Since there is no "Buyer Protection" as such, perhaps we need a code of conduct to which sellers could (or not) sign up? A sort of eBid Seal of Approval. If the terms were made obvious to sellers, it might provide some reassurance, and encourage them to buy.

The launch of an "Approved Seller" scheme could be a good opportunity for greater exposure in the Press, promotion of the site, and greater awareness with the public.

Since everybody on eBid is an honest upright citizen, a reasonable code of conduct would not be a problem to anybody.

Any thoughts about what should be in such a document?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    Going back to the original thought: Why should buyers buy?

I've checked the eBid site, and can't find the reason anywhere. In the comparison with ebay at the top, it gives lots of reasons to sell here, but none to buy.

When you click on "Buy", you just get categories. What you don't get is reassurance, advantages or anything about the ethos of the site.
    Do buyers have a forum? I can't find one. This could be a valuable source of information for both sellewrs and the site administrators. It might also reassure buyers.

The contant cry on the eBay forums (fora?) is the lack of prtotection for, and exploitation of, sellers. Perhaps eBid has gone too far towards protecting sellers, by standing back from the transaction? I'm not suggesting that they show micro-manage and interfere as eBay do, but there is a need for the recognition of the importance of buyers' confidence.

Since there is no "Buyer Protection" as such, perhaps we need a code of conduct to which sellers could (or not) sign up? A sort of eBid Seal of Approval. If the terms were made obvious to sellers, it might provide some reassurance, and encourage them to buy.

The launch of an "Approved Seller" scheme could be a good opportunity for greater exposure in the Press, promotion of the site, and greater awareness with the public.

Since everybody on eBid is an honest upright citizen, a reasonable code of conduct would not be a problem to anybody.

Any thoughts about what should be in such a document?

The thing is that dishonest buyers and sellers would not be tolerated on ebid.
    Once exposed they would be swiftly dealt with.
    We also have fair feedback system that can be edited as problems are sorted or not.
    Checking ebid feedback should give you a fair indication on the buyer/seller's integrity.

<mind you, you have to get the feedback first. >

Bad sellers and buyers are rooted out; they are recognized as detrimental to ebid and dealt with.

When you contact support you get a reply from a real person and not a robot.

Any replys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Amen!!! I sincerly know and believe the only reason that ebid is not on top is people don't know about it. I wish there was a simple idea/ answer to this. Once the word is properly out it's a no brainer. Everyone is missing out just due to not knowing! It's so frustrating. Customers can get such better deals here. Lower fees by 7%! Unlimited selling no seller limits. A place where the small seller is valued and appreciated. Real people help. There in NO CONTACT HELP at other place. A community of ebid ebuds who care about each other and this site. We help and support each other. You find NONE of this elsewhere. It's awsome! If only we can get the word out on a massive scale. Maybe if we as s group hire a pro for just that. I am willing to pitch in for the right candidate!

Thread Information